Cornerstone University will accept transfer credit from the following types of institutions:
- All regionally accredited institutions.
- All Accrediting Association of Bible Colleges accredited institutions or institutions with a G listing or higher in the AACRAO Information Bulletin.
- Non-accredited institutions, if those institutions supply three letters of acceptance from regionally accredited institutions to the Registrar’s Office.
- Credits from non-accredited institutions are limited as follows:
- 75 semester hours from a 4-year institution
- 62 semester hours from a 3-year institution
- 40 semester hours from a 2-year institution
- 25 semester hours from a 1-year institution
- 30 semester hours in practical nursing
- The following non-accredited institutions due to the nature of their relationship to Cornerstone: Bob Jones University, Grand Rapids School of Bible and Music, Spurgeon Baptist College and Word of Life Bible Institute.
Transfer credit will not be given for remedial or non-college level work or for any course in which a grade lower than a C- (1.7) was received. GPA does not transfer with the credit transferred. No course work will transfer as upper level (300-400) unless the course is designated as such from the originating institution. Recommendations for credit as written in published guides by the American Council on Education will be recognized and accepted as transfer credit. Credit transferred from schools that are on a quarter system will be transferred as .66 (2/3) semester hours for every quarter hour. If a student wishes to take a course at another institution after transcript evaluation is complete, he/she should contact a Professional & Graduate Studies academic adviser and complete a Guest Application/Transfer Credit Pre-Approval form before the beginning of the class in order to verify the acceptance of these courses.
The evaluation of foreign educational credentials for possible transfer credit to Cornerstone University must be evaluated by an outside agency. The student is responsible for following the procedure required by the agency and for paying the required fees. Cornerstone University recommends the following agency:
Educational Credential Evaluators, Inc.
P.O. Box 514070
Milwaukee, WI 53203-3470
Transfer Credits from Christian University GlobalNet
Cornerstone University's Professional & Graduate Studies division has partnered with Christian University GlobalNet to accept elective/general education or Bible transfer credits toward any of the following on-ground or online undergraduate degrees:
- Bachelor of Science in Business Administration (on-ground or online)
- Bachelor of Science in Management (on-ground)
- Bachelor of Science in Psychology (on-ground)
- Bachelor of Science in Ministry Leadership (on-ground or online)
Depending on individual student credit needs, up to fifteen elective/general education or Bible credits may be earned upon completion of three specific online courses groups offered through Christian University GlobalNet.
If you have been accepted into Cornerstone University's Professional & Graduate Studies program, please consult with your Academic Advisor to verify how these potential credits you may transfer in toward your undergraduate degree credit needs.
When all certificates in a course have been completed, request an official transcript from CUGN or present your certificates of completion to your Cornerstone University Academic Advisor to obtain transfer credit.