- The IRB will review and monitor research projects which involve human subjects to ensure that two broad standards are upheld: first, subjects are not placed at undue risk; second, that they give un-coerced, informed consent to participants.
- The IRB will review and monitor all projects involving animals to ensure that they are justified by their benefits and minimize any animal pain or suffering that might occur.
Educational and Promotional
- The IRB will encourage Cornerstone University faculty, staff, and students to engage in appropriate scholarship.
- The IRB will help Cornerstone University faculty, staff, and students understand the concepts of ethical behavior in research, “doing no harm” and informed consent.
- The IRB will develop and publish guidelines for the review and monitoring of projects under their jurisdiction.
Timothy Detwiler, Ph.D. (Chair)
Nigel Crompton, Ph.D., D.Sc.
John VerBerkmoes, Ph.D.
Linda Haveman, Ph.D.