All students and their spouses are able to utilize these services regardless of their specific health insurance plan. Students have access to visits with a Registered Nurse for minor injury or illnesses. Insurance will be billed to see the Registered Nurse. Once CUHS has received the Explanation of Benefits (EOB) from the Insurance carrier, any portion of the bill that is not covered by the insurance policy will be billed to the primary card holder. After 60 days of non-payment these charges are transferred to the student account for payment.
The following services are available through CUHS. These services are available to students and their spouses while the University is in session.
- Appointments: Registered Nurse
- Blood Pressure Checks (free)
- Health education and wellness promotion
- Loan items - crutches, wheelchairs, etc.
- Referrals to specialists available
- Resource materials on health related topics (free)
- International Travel Consult (in collaboration with Calvin College Health Services)
- Immunizations (in collaboration with Calvin College Health Services)