The Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages program is designed to equip domestic and international students with knowledge and skills to teach English in local and international, cross-cultural settings. Courses in the TESOL program emphasize the practical aspects of teaching and ministry opportunities at home and abroad.
TESOL Graduate Program Options:
M.A. in TESOL (33 credit hours)
Endorsement Program in TESOL (22 credit hours)
Graduate Certificate in TESOL (24 credit hours)
Note: The TESOL program begins annually in June (Prague, Czech Republic) or July (Grand Rapids, Mich.). Program course options include Prague, Czech Republic and Oxford University, United Kingdom.
- A completed & signed application
- A baccalaureate degree from a U.S. regionally accredited institution (or its equivalent) with a grade-point average and academic proficiency consistent with the expectation for graduate level course work.
- A 2.7 grade-point average on a 4.0 scale in undergraduate work.
- An official transcript from all colleges/universities previously attended. Cornerstone University graduates do not need to request transcripts for course work taken at Cornerstone.
- Two letters of recommendation; these letters should be completed by persons who are familiar with the applicant’s professional or academic achievements.
- A professional resume providing information on the applicant’s professional, academic and community achievements.
- Students whose primary language is not English must achieve a minimum TOEFL score of 575 (231 computer-based or 90 internet-based).
- A maximum of six master-level (500 or higher course number) semester hours may be transferred to Cornerstone. In order to transfer, the course must have been completed within the last seven years.
Students with less than a 2.7 GPA are welcome to apply; and if accepted must enter on conditional status. A student must maintain a GPA of at least 3.0 for the first two core courses taken in order to move from conditional to full acceptance status. A student must have a completed file and be admitted to the University before financial aid will be processed.
For More Information
Contact: Heidi Enck
Local: 616.254.1650 ext. 1265
Toll Free: 1.800.947.2382