Committed to the Community
Cornerstone University is committed to making its educational opportunities affordable to all who wish to experience an educational environment that is spiritually contagious, academically excellent, richly resourced and culturally diverse. Recognizing that many outstanding inner city students with great potential have no hope of accessing a Cornerstone education, we have instituted our Urban Scholarship Program. The prospect of CU engaging these deserving individuals by preparing them to maximize their potential to distinguish themselves as people of professional agility, integrity and spiritual depth is an important part of our calling as a Christ centered university. We believe that there is a wealth of untapped talent and giftedness within our city youth and count it a privilege to partner with those who underwrite these scholarships in this strategically important endeavor.
The Urban Scholarship Program will:
- Unlock the doors of Christian Higher Education to deserving and gifted young people in our inner cities who otherwise would have no hope of moving forward in an educational environment that will equip them spiritually, intellectually, professionally and socially to have an impact on our culture and in particular the inner cities from which they come
- Help participating students realize their full potential
- Provide support systems to enable them to excel as college students
- Underwrite college expenses of inner city youth to the extent necessary so they can remain in college through graduation.
- Enable Cornerstone University to be more culturally diverse so that our student community will be enriched by others who bring important perspectives from a wide range of backgrounds
At Cornerstone University we see an opportunity to address these initiatives through unique partnerships with individuals like you who share this vision and who want to help produce a generation of distinguished graduates who come from less privileged backgrounds. While concentrating primarily in Grand Rapids and West Michigan we will also network with pastors and civic leaders to find outstanding candidates from these scholarships in Detroit, Chicago and Indianapolis. The scholarship program will provide significant financial assistance to individual scholars while making a strong impact on the urban communities in which they live and work.