In fall 1993, Cornerstone University launched a set of degree programs recognizing the unique needs of adult students desiring to complete their college degree. Over the past two decades, the range of degree programs and number of students has grown significantly. Currently, the Professional & Graduate Studies (PGS) division enrolls 800 students on an annual basis in a variety of associate, bachelor's and graduate degree programs.
PGS students complete their degrees through evening courses at resident sites in Grand Rapids, Kalamazoo and/or through online course offerings. They journey through their respective degree program with a cohort of students. Surrounded by this community of learners, students are equipped and encouraged to take the next step toward their unique calling and what they want to achieve.
Join us on Saturday, May 11, 2019, to celebrate this year's graduates of Cornerstone's Professional & Graduate Studies program.
Saturday, May 11, 2019
The graduation ceremony will be held in the university's Bernice Hansen Athletic Center. Wheelchair accessible seating is available around the track and on the ground level.
- 2 p.m. | PGS Program Graduates Required to Arrive for Graduation Ceremony
- 3 p.m. | PGS Program Commencement, Bernice Hansen Athletic Center, Cornerstone University
Lori J. Cook—also known as "Maranda"—has served the West Michigan community as an advocate for kids and families for more than 25 years. Maranda studied at Cambridge University and Hope College, graduating from Hope with a degree in communication and art. She has been active in media for over 30 years, working in print, radio, TV and digital marketing. In January 2001, she joined Grand Rapids' WOOD TV8, WOTV 4 and WXSP-TV as the children and family services manager. Currently, Maranda oversees the development of station projects on-air, online and in our community that target kids and families.
Maranda hosts a daily content block, "Where You Live," which features a combination of information, inspiration and insights for parents. She is the co-author of "Fancy Plastic Bags," a book about parenting daughters in the digital age, and co-author of "Maranda's Guide to Family Fun in West Michigan." Maranda also offers weekly family fun updates on Star 105.7, a Grand Rapids-based radio station, and WOOD TV8's "Daybreak" show.
- Coffee and food items will be available for purchase at the concession window in the Bernice Hansen Athletic Center.
- The Campus Bookstore will be selling apparel and commemorative gifts in the lobby of the Bernice Hansen Athletic Center.
- Posh Petals will be selling flowers on site with a variety of sizes and colors available. If you wish to pre-order a special arrangement to pick up that day, call Posh Petals at 616.363.3337 or order online.
- A professional photographer will take photos of each graduate on the stage. After the ceremony, visit cugradpix.com to preview and purchase your photo from the ceremony. Text "CUGradPix" to 616.202.3852 to receive a promo code.
- Live streaming is not available. However, after the ceremony, a recording will be online for streaming or download on Cornerstone's Vimeo account. Or, you may also order a DVD of the Professional & Graduate Studies division ceremony.