We are proud to graduate a class of outstanding students who have helped to enrich our campus community and further our university mission. It is with great joy that we honor Cornerstone University's newest alumni and their accomplishments as they prepare to go out into the world and influence their communities for Christ.
Join us on Friday, May 10 and Saturday, May 11, 2019, to celebrate this year's Cornerstone graduates. In addition to commencement, the weekend features pre-graduation events for graduates and their family members.
Friday, May 10, 2019
- 8:30 a.m. | Graduate Breakfast
- 10 a.m. | Baccalaureate, Christ Chapel, Cornerstone University
- 11:30 a.m. | Honors Convocation, Christ Chapel, Cornerstone University
Saturday, May 11, 2019
The graduation ceremony will be held in the university's Bernice Hansen Athletic Center. Wheelchair accessible seating is available around the track and on the ground level.
- 9:15 a.m. | Traditional Undergraduate Program Graduates Required to Arrive for Graduation Ceremony
- 10 a.m. | Traditional Undergraduate Program Commencement, Bernice Hansen Athletic Center, Cornerstone University
Lori J. Cook—also known as "Maranda"—has served the West Michigan community as an advocate for kids and families for more than 25 years. Maranda studied at Cambridge University and Hope College, graduating from Hope with a degree in communication and art. She has been active in media for over 30 years, working in print, radio, TV and digital marketing. In January 2001, she joined Grand Rapids' WOOD TV8, WOTV 4 and WXSP-TV as the children and family services manager. Currently, Maranda oversees the development of station projects on-air, online and in our community that target kids and families.
Maranda hosts a daily content block, "Where You Live," which features a combination of information, inspiration and insights for parents. She is the co-author of "Fancy Plastic Bags," a book about parenting daughters in the digital age, and co-author of "Maranda's Guide to Family Fun in West Michigan." Maranda also offers weekly family fun updates on Star 105.7, a Grand Rapids-based radio station, and WOOD TV8's "Daybreak" show.
- Coffee and food items will be available for purchase at the concession window in the Bernice Hansen Athletic Center.
- The Campus Bookstore will be selling apparel and commemorative gifts in the lobby of the Bernice Hansen Athletic Center.
- Posh Petals will be selling flowers on site with a variety of sizes and colors available. If you wish to pre-order a special arrangement to pick up that day, call Posh Petals at 616.363.3337 or order online.
- A professional photographer will take photos of each graduate on the stage. After the ceremony, visit cugradpix.com to preview and purchase your photo from the ceremony. Text "CUGradPix" to 616.202.3852 to receive a promo code.
- Live streaming is not available. However, after the ceremony, a recording will be online for streaming or download on Cornerstone's Vimeo account. Or, you may also order a DVD of the traditional undergraduate ceremony.