Do you long to know God's word more deeply? Have you read the Bible and felt that there was so much more to know? The Master of Arts in Biblical Studies (MABS) will deepen your knowledge of the Bible and provide insights into the richness of the Biblical text. Learn from professors who are experts in the Old and New Testaments, have lived and studied in the land of Israel, and are published scholars.
Starting in the fall 2020 semester and going forward, we are moving to a HyFlex approach to the classroom experience. HyFlex means hybrid-flexible, and this course design model combines three different learning modalities into one class.
- 36 credits
- Fully online
- Accredited by the Higher Learning Commission
- Learn in an online community of students
- Professors who are published authors & leaders in the field of Biblical Studies
- Trip to Israel available option within the degree program
- Deepen your Biblical knowledge
- Advanced theological training
- Take classes while working full-time
- Complete the program in as little as 2 years
- School: CU Online
- Division: CU Online
- Degree Type: Master of Arts
- Format: On-Site, Live, Anytime
- Location: Grand Rapids
A Master of Arts in Biblical Studies will provide a wide range of opportunities for employment. Whether you want to work in a church, para-church ministry, non-profit, or other Christian organization, there is a career option that will work for you!
- Preaching & Teaching Minister
- Small Group Pastor
- Christian Education Pastor
- Associate Pastor
- Youth Minister
36 Total credits (12 courses). 2-4 years depending on your schedule. You can choose a 3 credits/semester part-time plan or a 6 credits/semester full-time plan.
- Main Application (Free)
- Official transcripts demonstrating a 2.5 G.P.A. in a completed bachelors degree at an accredited institution. Mail to: Cornerstone University Graduate Admissions, 1001 E Beltline Ave NE, Grand Rapids, MI 49525
- Ministry Reference
- Personal Reference
The M.A. in Biblical Studies degree is cohort-based, which means that you learn with a group of 15-20 students. The program consists of 36-credit hours and the curriculum contains a core of Bible and theology classes with advanced Bible and elective courses.
Convenience and Flexibility
With courses offered online, you can maximize your education while maintaining your work and family life. Online classes are offered in a 15-week format allowing you to complete the program in 2-4 years depending on your schedule.
Program Learning Outcomes
A Master of Arts in Biblical Studies degree:
- Conduct disciplined biblical interpretation and application with reference to the English Bible text.
- State a basic understanding of the primary elements of Christian Theology.
- Encourages your pursuit of peer, lifelong education and the continuing development of essential personal and professional ministry skills.
Cornerstone University confers the M.A. in Biblical Studies degree, which is accredited by the Higher Learning Commission. The degree is not intended as a basis for doctoral study.
Cornerstone University also offers Association of Theological Schools (ATS) accredited Seminary degrees through Grand Rapids Theological Seminary (GRTS). M.A. Biblical Studies students work in consortium with GRTS as the graduate bookstore is located at the GRTS building and professors teach for both the CU programs and GRTS programs.