Cornerstone University PGS offers a 62-credit Associate of Science in Human Services degree program designed to develop the professional skills of individuals working in either secular or faith-based human services organizations. Program course work provides you with a framework focused on the prevention and remediation of human services issues, preparing you to demonstrate communication and problem-solving skills as an effective leader and facilitator.
- School: Adult & Graduate Studies
- Division: Social Science
- Degree Type: Associate of Science
- Format: Blended, On campus, Online
- Location: Grand Rapids, Kalamazoo
As a nonprofit, Christ-centered university, we strive to provide an accessible education that fits your needs.
Take courses in a way that's easy for you with classes offered 100% online, on campus or in a blended format. On-campus courses meet once a week from 6-10 p.m.
- Program Length: 28 months
- Start Date: March 23, 2020 (online)
You may qualify to enroll at an alternate time. Call 800.947.2382 to speak with an enrollment counselor.
Preparing you to meet human needs through an interdisciplinary knowledge base and support the overall quality of life for diverse populations, this program readies you for entry-level career positions.
- Social work
- Career services
- Customer service
- Nonprofit organizations
- K-12 paraprofessional
- Youth worker services
- Application ($25 fee)
- High school diploma or GED
- Minimum of two years full-time work experience since earning high school diploma or GED
- Official college and/or military transcripts*
- International Students: TOEFL or IELTS score
*Tip: Send us a transcript release for each college you've attended, and we'll request your transcripts!
A college degree is an investment. Expenses include tuition, a course reservation fee, educational resources and an application fee.
- Tuition: $355 per credit
- Educational Resources: $135 per course
- Application and Reservation Fee: $55
- Cost Per Three Credit Course: $1,200
- Total Estimated Cost: $24,955
For more information on the total program cost, review our tuition and fees.
What jobs can I get with a human services degree?
As you advance your professional development with an associate degree in human services, your experience will empower you to achieve your unique goals in the social science field and beyond. The interactive graph below pulls data from over 40,000 job sites to show you what employers are looking for and what opportunities this degree can open up for you.
Use the tool functions to look at career opportunities in Grand Rapids, all of Michigan or even nationwide. Choose between seeing options filtered by salary or demand level. And if a specific industry or career is of interest to you, click on it for more details.