The Associate of Science in Business Studies is a 62-credit, introductory-level academic program designed for working adults who understand that a solid Christian liberal arts education will help them accomplish more in their professional and personal lives. You'll graduate equipped to demonstrate and apply an understanding of the Christian worldview to business and social issues.
- School: Adult & Graduate Studies
- Division: Business
- Degree Type: Associate of Science
- Format: Blended, Online
- Location: Grand Rapids, Kalamazoo, Lansing
- Program Length: 28 months
- Delivery Format: Blended and online
- Accelerated cohort model
- Flexible, convenient learning options
- On-site courses meet 6:00 - 10:00 p.m.
- Total Program Credit Hours: 62
- Program Start Date: Cohorts begin periodically throughout the year. Speak with an enrollment counselor today to learn more.
- Application Deadline: Rolling admission
- New Skills and Proficiencies: Your program will equip you with basic business and management knowledge, skills and abilities.
- Navigate the Marketplace: You'll add value to your career, integrating theory and practice from subject areas such as entrepreneurship, marketing, global business and the fundamentals of leadership.
- Career Opportunities: Small business management, non-profit organizations, entrepreneurial start-ups and entry-level positions in government, retail, sales and supervision
- Submission of a completed application and non-refundable $25 application fee
- High school diploma or G.E.D.
- Minimum of two years full-time work experience since high school
- Official transcripts from all previously attended colleges and universities: Send a completed transcript release form for each college you've attended to the PGS enrollment team, and we'll request your transcripts.
- Copy of official military transcripts (if applicable)
Students whose primary language is not English must submit a TOEFL or IELTS score.
For admission to Cornerstone University's Associate of Science in Business Studies degree program, you must achieve one of the following minimum scores:
- Paper-based TOEFL test: 550
- Computer-based TOEFL test: 213
- Internet-based TOEFL test: 79-80
- Minimum IELTS score: 6.5
A college degree is an investment. To understand the total estimated cost for the Associate of Science in Business Studies program, review a breakdown of expenses:
- Application Fee: $25
- Tuition Cost: $340 per credit hour
- Technology Fee: $40 per course
- Resource Fee: $125 per course
- Reservation Fee: $30
- Total Estimated Cost: $24,600
Cornerstone University's commitment to offer you a competitively priced degree means that we partner with you to ensure its affordability. Learn more by previewing our step-by-step financial aid checklist.
Earning your next degree is attainable. Upon completion of your Associate of Science in Business Studies degree, you are may apply to join a bachelor's program cohort to conclude your undergraduate education:
"The journey from Associate to Master has been so rewarding. The PGS program allowed me to take classes with success and still be a great wife and mother to my family." —Nannette Perry (B.S. '13, M.B.A. '15)
Program Courses and Catalog
The Associate of Science in Business Studies degree requires completion of the following courses:
Step 1 Courses
- IDS-100 Foundations of Inquiry (2 credit hours, 5 weeks)
- IDS-131 Digital Literacy (3 credit hours, 5 weeks)
- ENG-118 Introduction to Writing and Research (4 credit hours, 8 weeks)
- COM-111 Foundations of Speech Communication (3 credit hours, 5 weeks)
- PSY-111 General Psychology (3 credit hours, 5 weeks)
- REL-231 Mosaic Literature (3 credit hours, 5 weeks)
- PHI-211 Philosophy in Culture (3 credit hours, 5 weeks)
- BUS-217 Introduction to Global Business (3 credit hours, 5 weeks)
- BUS-241 Personal Financial Planning (3 credit hours, 5 weeks)
- MGT-233 Leadership Studies (3 credit hours, 5 weeks)
Step 2 Courses
- IDS-204 Personal Wellness (3 credit hours, 6 weeks)
- ENG-223 Introduction to Literature (3 credit hours, 6 weeks)
- REL-232 Gospel Literature (3 credit hours, 5 weeks)
- MAT-120 Contemporary Math (3 credit hours, 7 weeks)
- FAR-211 Introduction to Fine Arts (3 credit hours, 5 weeks)
- HIS-115 American Studies (3 credit hours, 5 weeks)
- SOC-211 Current Social Issues (3 credit hours, 5 weeks)
- SCI-119 Contemporary Issues in Science and Technology (3 credit hours, 6 weeks)
- MKT-251 Principles of Marketing (3 credit hours, 5 weeks)
- MGT-232 Entrepreneurship (3 credit hours, 5 weeks)
- BUS-234 Current Problems in Business: Case Studies (2 credit hours, 4 weeks)
For course descriptions and graduation requirements, view the 2016-17 Professional & Graduate Studies Undergraduate Academic Catalog.
Your Next Step
Join a cohort of working professionals on the path toward your undergraduate degree and career advancement. To begin, submit your application now or schedule an appointment with an enrollment counselor.