Cornerstone University's Professional & Graduate Studies division graduates excel as knowledgable, character-driven leaders in our world for Christ. As a result, they advance as caring, wise and spiritually grounded professionals in their respective spheres of influence.
Relevant Academic Training
PGS' academic programs for adult learners reflect our commitment to develop your knowledge, skills and attitudes in five distinct yet interconnected areas: specialized knowledge, applied knowledge and collaborative learning, intellectual skills, civic and global learning and biblical worldview integration.
- Demonstrate proficiency in the terminology, theories, concepts, practices and skills specific to business studies in the 21st century workforce. In accomplishing this objective, you will be able to:
- Define basic business terminology as related to your vocation.
- Explain basic theoretical concepts and constructs important to the scope of business studies.
- Classify and effectively communicate core business theories and research.
- Interpret and apply research literature to business challenges.
- Exhibit competency in applying your knowledge to address real-life problems through both individual and group effort. At the end of this program, you will be able to:
- Demonstrate emotional intelligence and personal management skills germane to the needs of 21st century business employers.
- Collaborate with others in achieving shared objectives of the business studies program.
- Exhibit business writing and speaking skills desired by employers in the 21st century workplace.
- Use knowledge of empirical and theoretical research to solve 21st century challenges and problems.
- Demonstrate your ability to integrate traditional and normative skills expected of students in the liberal arts tradition, including analytical skills, information literacy, quantitative competency and communication fluency.
- Demonstrate intercultural competence in addressing civic, social, environmental and economic issues with the 21st century business workplace.
- Articulate a Christ-centered worldview to include its personal, professional and communal embodiment through Christian virtues.
We place a high value on our responsibility to deliver on the promise to provide excellence in adult education. With degrees customized to serve working adults as they balance family, faith, work and personal growth, expert faculty help ensure you receive the relevant training and practical experience you need to flourish in your career.
- 43% of students in associate degree programs graduate with their degree.
- 94% of alumni believe that their education prepared them for the demands of their vocational life.
- 94% of associate degree program graduates are employed, continuing their education, serving in the military or giving back to their communities through volunteer roles.
*This data was taken from the results of a variety of surveys and other evaluative instruments administered in recent years at PGS.