The Graduate Certificate in TESOL is a 24 credit-hour program for those with a bachelor's degree who wish to teach English to speakers of other languages.
The blended TESOL program starts one time per year (July) in Grand Rapids, Michigan, and the fully online program starts in January. Courses are taken in the spring, summer, and fall one course at a time.
Please Note: This certificate does not fulfill the requirements of an initial teaching certification.
- School: Adult & Graduate Studies
- Division: TESOL
- Degree Type: Certificate
- Format: Online
- Location: Grand Rapids, Kalamazoo, Lansing
To understand the total estimated cost for the TESOL Graduate Diploma program, review a breakdown of expenses:
- Tuition Cost: $460 per credit hour
- Technology Fee: $40 per course
- Resource Fee: $75 per course
Program Courses and Catalog
The TESOL Graduate Diploma requires completion of the following courses:
- Issues in TESOL
- TESOL Methodology I
- Introduction to Linguistics
- Advanced English Grammar
- Second Language Acquisition
- Application of Technology in TESOL
- TESOL Capstone
For course descriptions and graduation requirements, download the Professional & Graduate Studies Academic Catalog.