The TESOL Graduate Diploma is a 24 credit-hour program for those with a bachelor's degree who wish to teach English to speakers of other languages.
Please Note: This diploma does not fulfill the requirements of an initial teaching certification.
- School: Adult & Graduate Studies
- Division: TESOL
- Degree Type: Diploma
- Format: Online, Blended
- Location: Grand Rapids
- Program Length: 42 sessions
- Delivery Format: Blended
- Accelerated cohort model
- Flexible, convenient learning options
- Courses offered one at a time
- Total Diploma Credit Hours: 24
- Program Start Date: Cohorts begin in July, meeting on campus for the first two courses in Grand Rapids, Mich. In September, cohorts transition to online sessions to fulfill remaining course work requirements.
- Application Deadline: Rolling admission
- Official transcripts from all previously attended colleges and universities. Send a completed transcript release form for each college you've attended to the PGS enrollment team, and we'll request your transcripts!
- Minimum 2.7 G.P.A. in undergraduate course work
- Two letters of recommendation
- Professional resume
Students whose primary language is not English must submit a TOEFL or IELTS score.
For admission to Cornerstone University's TESOL Graduate Diploma program, you must achieve one of the following minimum scores:
- Paper-based TOEFL test: 577
- Computer-based TOEFL test: 233
- Internet-based TOEFL test: 90-91
- Minimum IELTS score: 7.0
To understand the total estimated cost for the TESOL Graduate Diploma program, review a breakdown of expenses:
- Tuition Cost: $460 per credit hour
- Technology Fee: $40 per course
- Resource Fee: $75 per course
"My professors and the fellow students in my cohort have had a significant impact in my life, and this program has played an important role in both pointing me toward the next steps God has for me and preparing me to take them." —Hannah Thelander (M.A. '15)
Program Courses and Catalog
The TESOL Graduate Diploma requires completion of the following courses:
- Issues in TESOL (LIN-501) — 2 credit hours, 3 sessions
- TESOL Methodology I (LIN-565) — 3 credit hours, 5 sessions
- Introduction to Linguistics (LIN-525) — 3 credit hours, 6 sessions
- Advanced English Grammar (LIN-535) — 3 credit hours, 6 sessions
- Sociolinguistics (LIN-555) — 3 credit hours, 6 sessions
- Second Language Acquisition (LIN-556) — 3 credit hours, 6 sessions
- Application of Technology in TESOL (LIN-570) — 2 credit hours, 3 sessions
- TESOL Capstone (LIN-594) — 5 credit hours, 7 sessions
For course descriptions and graduation requirements, view the 2016-17 Professional & Graduate Studies Graduate Academic Catalog.
Your Next Step
Join a cohort of professionals on the path toward advancement. To begin, submit your application now or schedule an appointment with an enrollment counselor.