The TESOL Graduate Diploma is a 24 credit-hour program for those with a bachelor's degree who wish to teach English to speakers of other languages.
Please Note: This diploma does not fulfill the requirements of an initial teaching certification.
- School: Adult & Graduate Studies
- Division: TESOL
- Degree Type: Diploma
- Format: Online, Blended
- Location: Grand Rapids
- Program Length: 42 sessions
- Delivery Format: Blended
- Accelerated cohort model
- Flexible, convenient learning options
- Courses offered one at a time
- Program Start Date: Cohorts begin in July, meeting on campus for the first two courses in Grand Rapids, Mich. In September, cohorts transition to online sessions to fulfill remaining course work requirements.
- Application Deadline: Rolling admission
This graduate diploma requires 24 credit hours of course work in linguistics and language acquisition.
- LIN-501: Issues in TESOL
- LIN-565: TESOL Methodology I
- LIN-525: Introduction to Linguistics
- LIN-535: Advanced English Grammar
- LIN-555: Sociolinguistics
- LIN-556: Second Language Acquisition
- LIN-566: TESOL Methodology II
- LIN-594: TESOL Capstone
Full course descriptions are available in the Graduate Academic Catalog.
- Official college and/or military transcripts*
- Minimum 2.7 G.P.A. in undergraduate course work and a completed bachelor's degree
- Two letters of recommendation
- Professional resume
- International Students: TOEFL or IELTS score
*Tip: Send us a transcript release for each college you've attended, and we'll request your transcripts!
Expenses for this graduate diploma include tuition, educational resources and an application fee.
- Tuition: $515 per credit
- Educational Resources: $85 per course
- Application Fee: $25
- Cost Per Three Credit Course: $1,630
- Total Estimated Cost: $13,065
For more information on the total cost of this graduate diploma, review our tuition and fees.