The TESOL Graduate Diploma is a 24 credit-hour program for those with a bachelor's degree who wish to teach English to speakers of other languages.
Please Note: This diploma does not fulfill the requirements of an initial teaching certification.
- School: Adult & Graduate Studies
- Division: TESOL
- Degree Type: Diploma
- Format: Online, Blended
- Location: Grand Rapids
- Program Length: 42 sessions
- Delivery Format: Blended
- Accelerated cohort model
- Flexible, convenient learning options
- Courses offered one at a time
- Total Diploma Credit Hours: 24
- Program Start Date: Cohorts begin in July, meeting on campus for the first two courses in Grand Rapids, Mich. In September, cohorts transition to online sessions to fulfill remaining course work requirements.
- Application Deadline: Rolling admission
- Official transcripts from all previously attended colleges and universities. Send a completed transcript release form for each college you've attended to the PGS enrollment team, and we'll request your transcripts!
- Minimum 2.7 G.P.A. in undergraduate course work and a completed bachelor's degree
- Two letters of recommendation
- Professional resume
If your primary language is not English, you must submit a TOEFL or IELTS score.
For admission to Cornerstone's TESOL Graduate Diploma program, you must achieve one of the following minimum scores:
- Paper-based TOEFL test: 577
- Computer-based TOEFL test: 233
- Internet-based TOEFL test: 90-91
- Minimum IELTS score: 7.0
To understand the total estimated cost for the TESOL Graduate Diploma program, visit our tuition and fees page or review the breakdown of expenses:
- Tuition: $515 per credit
- Educational Resources: $85 per course
- Application Fee: $25
- Cost Per Three Credit Course: $1,630
- Total Estimated Cost: $13,065
Program Courses and Catalog
The TESOL Graduate Diploma requires completion of the following courses:
- LIN-501: Issues in TESOL—2 credit hours, 3 sessions
- LIN-565: TESOL Methodology I—3 credit hours, 5 sessions
- LIN-525: Introduction to Linguistics—3 credit hours, 6 sessions
- LIN-535: Advanced English Grammar—3 credit hours, 6 sessions
- LIN-555: Sociolinguistics—3 credit hours, 6 sessions
- LIN-556: Second Language Acquisition—3 credit hours, 6 sessions
- LIN-566: TESOL Methodology II—2 credit hours, 3 sessions
- LIN-594: TESOL Capstone—5 credit hours, 7 sessions
View our Graduate Academic Catalog and Student Handbook for graduation requirements and course descriptions.
Your Next Step
Join a cohort of professionals on the path toward advancement. To begin, submit your application now or schedule an appointment with an enrollment counselor.