The TESOL Graduate Diploma is a 25 credit hour, 45 class session non-degree program. It is intended for those with a bachelor's degree who wish to teach English to speakers of other languages.
Please Note: This diploma does not fulfill the requirements of an initial teaching certification.
- School: Adult & Graduate Studies
- Division: TESOL
- Degree Type: Diploma
- Format: Online, Blended
- Location: Grand Rapids
Take courses in a way that's easy for you. Classes are offered 100% online or in a blended format.
Blended cohorts begin in July, meeting on campus for a two-day residency in Grand Rapids, Mich. In September, blended cohorts transition to online sessions to fulfill remaining course work requirements throughout the rest of the program.
This graduate diploma requires 24 credit hours of course work in linguistics and language acquisition.
- LIN-501: Issues in TESOL
- LIN-565: TESOL Methodology I
- LIN-525: Introduction to Linguistics
- LIN-535: Advanced English Grammar
- LIN-555: Sociolinguistics
- LIN-556: Second Language Acquisition
- LIN-566: TESOL Methodology II
- LIN-594: TESOL Capstone
Full course descriptions are available in the Graduate Academic Catalog.
- Official college and/or military transcripts*
- Minimum 2.7 G.P.A. in undergraduate course work and a completed bachelor's degree
- Two letters of recommendation
- Professional resume
- International Students: TOEFL or IELTS score
*Tip: Send us a transcript release for each college you've attended, and we'll request your transcripts!
Expenses for this graduate diploma include tuition, educational resources and an application fee.
- Tuition: $515 per credit
- Educational Resources: $85 per course
- Application Fee: $25
- Cost Per Three Credit Course: $1,630
- Total Estimated Cost: $13,065
For more information on the total cost of this graduate diploma, review our tuition and fees.