The TESOL Graduate Diploma is a 24 credit-hour program for those with a bachelor's degree who wish to teach English to speakers of other languages.
Please Note: This diploma does not fulfill the requirements of an initial teaching certification.
- School: Adult & Graduate Studies
- Division: TESOL
- Degree Type: Diploma
- Format: Online, Blended
- Location: Grand Rapids
- Program Length: 42 sessions
- Delivery Format: Blended
- Accelerated cohort model
- Flexible, convenient learning options
- Courses offered one at a time
- Total Diploma Credit Hours: 24
- Program Start Date: Cohorts begin in July, meeting on campus for the first two courses in Grand Rapids, Mich. In September, cohorts transition to online sessions to fulfill remaining course work requirements.
- Application Deadline: Rolling admission
- Official college and/or military transcripts*
- Minimum 2.7 G.P.A. in undergraduate course work and a completed bachelor's degree
- Two letters of recommendation
- Professional resume
- International Students: TOEFL or IELTS score
*Tip: Send us a transcript release for each college you've attended, and we'll request your transcripts!
Expenses for this graduate diploma include tuition, educational resources and an application fee.
- Tuition: $515 per credit
- Educational Resources: $85 per course
- Application Fee: $25
- Cost Per Three Credit Course: $1,630
- Total Estimated Cost: $13,065
For more information on the total cost of this graduate diploma, review our tuition and fees.
Program Courses and Catalog
The TESOL Graduate Diploma requires completion of the following courses:
- LIN-501: Issues in TESOL—2 credit hours, 3 sessions
- LIN-565: TESOL Methodology I—3 credit hours, 5 sessions
- LIN-525: Introduction to Linguistics—3 credit hours, 6 sessions
- LIN-535: Advanced English Grammar—3 credit hours, 6 sessions
- LIN-555: Sociolinguistics—3 credit hours, 6 sessions
- LIN-556: Second Language Acquisition—3 credit hours, 6 sessions
- LIN-566: TESOL Methodology II—2 credit hours, 3 sessions
- LIN-594: TESOL Capstone—5 credit hours, 7 sessions
View our Graduate Academic Catalog and Student Handbook for graduation requirements and course descriptions.
Your Next Step
Join a cohort of professionals on the path toward advancement. To begin, submit your application now or schedule an appointment with an enrollment counselor.