The Master of Arts in Education: Curriculum and Instruction concentration is a graduate level academic program designed to prepare current educators to deliver advanced classroom instruction for a wide range of student learning styles, motivation and abilities. The curriculum and instruction concentration provides students with the knowledge and skills to write curricula, provide differentiated instruction, assess student success, and utilize technology in the educational setting. Students are prepared to advance their careers in classroom instruction and curriculum development.
Curriculum for the program is conceptually developed around the objectives found in the National Board for Professional Teaching Standards (NBPTS). While Cornerstone University cannot offer National Teacher Certification, students are encouraged to consider this possibility by working directly with the NBPTS.
- School: Adult & Graduate Studies
- Division: Education
- Degree Type: Master of Arts in Education
- Format: Residential, Online
- Location: Grand Rapids, Kalamazoo, Lansing
- Demonstrate the ability to apply Christ-centered worldview principles in the workplace
- Communicate effectively in both oral and written forms
- Demonstrate professional skills
- Exhibit knowledge of core subject area
- Demonstrate cross-cultural communication and collaboration
- Program Length: 24 Months
- Delivery Format:
- Total Credit Hours: 35
- Estimated Cost: Coming Soon!
- Program Start Date: Cohorts begin periodically throughout the year. Speak with an Enrollment Counselor today to learn more.
- Application Deadline: Rolling Admission
- Accelerated cohort model
- Flexible and convenient learning options
- Courses offered one at a time in a lock step format
This curriculum provides students with the strategies and techniques needed for classroom instruction and curriculum creation for a wide range of student learning styles, motivation, and abilities. Coursework is divided into individual and group projects helping you to develop your pedagogy, leadership and communication skills.
Convenience and Flexibility
With course offerings online and in-class, you will maximize your educational experience while still maintaining your work and family life. Classes meet one night per week in one of our three campus locations and online. Upon starting a degree, you will continue through the program with your classmates as a cohort. With an average of 10-15 students in each cohort, students receive one-on-one attention from faculty while gleaning insights from other students' personal and professional experience.