The Master of Arts in Education: Curriculum and Instruction concentration is a graduate level academic program designed to prepare current educators to deliver advanced classroom instruction for a wide range of student learning styles, motivation and abilities.
Curriculum for the program is conceptually developed around the objectives found in the National Board for Professional Teaching Standards (NBPTS). While Cornerstone University cannot offer National Teacher Certification, students are encouraged to consider this possibility by working directly with the NBPTS.
- School: Adult & Graduate Studies
- Division: Education
- Degree Type: Master of Arts
- Format: Online
- Location: Grand Rapids, Kalamazoo
- Program Length: 24 months
- Delivery Format: Online
- Accelerated cohort model
- Flexible, convenient learning options
- Courses offered one at a time
- Total Program Credit Hours: 35
- Program Start Date: Cohorts begin periodically throughout the year. Speak with an enrollment counselor today to learn more.
- Application Deadline: Rolling admission
- New Skills and Proficiencies:
- Write curricula
- Instruct and assess students
- Utilize technology
- Motivate today's diverse student population
- Navigate the Marketplace: You'll add value to your career, learning to integrate theory and best practices from subject areas such as leadership, pedagogy and differentiated instruction.
- Application ($25 fee)
- Official transcripts from all previously attended colleges and universities. Send a completed transcript release form for each college you've attended to the PGS enrollment team, and we'll request your transcripts!
- Minimum 2.7 G.P.A.
- Two letters of recommendation
- Copy of teacher's certification document
- Minimum of 1 year of successful classroom teaching experience
- New Skills and Proficiencies:
If your primary language is not English, you must submit a TOEFL or IELTS score.
For admission to Cornerstone's Master of Arts in Education: Curriculum and Instruction degree program, you must achieve one of the following minimum scores:
- Paper-based TOEFL test: 577
- Computer-based TOEFL test: 233
- Internet-based TOEFL test: 90-91
- Minimum IELTS score: 7.0
To understand the total estimated cost and investment of the M.A. Ed.: Curriculum and Instruction program, review a breakdown of expenses:
- Application Fee: $25
- Tuition Cost: $460 per credit hour
- Technology Fee: $40 per course
- Resource Fee: $75 per course
- Reservation Fee: $30
- Total Estimated Cost: $17,535
Cornerstone University's commitment to offer you a competitively priced degree means that we partner with you to ensure its affordability. Preview our STEP-BY-STEP FINANCIAL AID CHECKLIST.
Program Courses and Catalog
A maximum of 6 master-level credit hours completed within the last seven years may be transferred from accredited colleges and/or universities. The Master of Arts in Education degree with a Curriculum and Instruction concentration requires completion of the following courses:
- Issues in Education (EDU-511) — 3 credit hours, 7 weeks
- Technology (EDU-573) — 3 credit hours, 7 weeks
- Curriculum, Assessment and Instructional Theory (EDU-522) — 3 credit hours, 7 weeks
- Research (EDU-553) — 3 credit hours, 7 weeks
- Master's Project A (EDU-593) — 2 credit hours, 4 weeks
- Reading Diagnostic Tools and Remediation (EDU-566) — 3 credit hours, 7 weeks
- Community Building and Educational Leadership (EDU-524) — 3 credit hours, 7 weeks
- Master's Project B (EDU-595) — 3 credit hours, 4 weeks
- Student Motivation and Behavior (EDU-513) — 3 credit hours, 7 weeks
- Instructional Strategies for Diverse Classrooms (EDU-521) — 3 credit hours, 7 weeks
- Assessment for K-12 Students (EDU-525) — 3 credit hours, 7 weeks
- Instructional Strategies for Students with Learning Disabilities (EDU-527) — 3 credit hours, 7 weeks
Your Next Step
Join a cohort of working professionals on the path toward career advancement. To begin, submit your application now or schedule an appointment with an enrollment counselor.