This endorsement is designed to help today's educators meet the updated seventh standard, as well as develop a higher level of technology literacy. Course work integrates faith and learning to facilitate the exploration of hot-button education issues relating to technology, leadership, values, pedagogy and differentiated instruction within the K-12 system.
The Educational Technology Endorsement is designed for those who have a completed bachelor's degree and would like to add another area of expertise to their initial teacher certification. This 21-credit endorsement can be used to complete some of the requirements of the Master of Arts in Education degree.
- School: Adult & Graduate Studies
- Division: Education
- Degree Type: Endorsement
- Format: Online
- Location: Grand Rapids
- Program Length: 46 weeks
- Delivery Format: Online
- Accelerated cohort model
- Flexible, convenient learning options
- Courses offered one at a time
- Total Endorsement Credit Hours: 21
- Career Opportunities:
- Curriculum developer
- Technology lead teacher
- Application Deadline: Rolling admission
Expenses for this endorsement include tuition, educational resources and an application fee.
- Tuition: $515 per credit
- Educational Resources: $85 per course
- Application Fee: $25
- Cost Per Three Credit Course: $1,630
- Total Estimated Cost: $11,435
For more information on the total cost of this endorsement, review our tuition and fees.
Program Courses and Catalog
The Educational Technology Endorsement requires completion of the following courses:
- EDU-573: Technology—3 credit hours, 7 weeks
- EDU-541: Issues in Technology—3 credit hours, 7 weeks
- EDU-542: Instructional Design, Assessment and Evaluation—3 credit hours, 7 weeks
- EDU-545: Designing Multimedia—3 credit hours, 7 weeks
- EDU-544: Teaching in an Online Environment—3 credit hours, 7 weeks
- EDU-524: Community Building and Educational Leadership—3 credit hours, 7 weeks
- EDU-595: Master's Project B—3 credit hours, 4 weeks
View our Graduate Academic Catalog and Student Handbook for graduation requirements and course descriptions.