Whether you're serving as a teacher or as an administrator, you have the opportunity to grow professionally and lead as an influencer in your school. With our practical curriculum taught by faculty who know where you're at, you will deepen your knowledge and understanding through diving into one of three specialized concentrations: curriculum and instruction, educational leadership or educational technology.
- School: Adult & Graduate Studies
- Division: Education
- Degree Type: Master of Arts
- Format: Online
- Location: Grand Rapids, Kalamazoo
As a non-profit, Christ-centered university, we strive to provide an accessible education that fits your needs.
Take courses in a way that's easy for you with classes offered in a 100% online format.
- Program Length: 24 months
- Program Start Dates:
- Online—Monday, July 9, 2018*
*You may qualify to enroll at an alternate time. Call 800.947.2382 to speak with an enrollment counselor.
Grow in your experience as an educator and be better positioned in moving toward where you want to be through gaining skills in leadership and instruction.
Learn to integrate theory and best practices from subject areas such as:
- Current issues in the field of education
- Educational technology tools
- Curriculum development
- Research implementation in the classroom
- Application ($25 fee)
- Official transcripts from all previously attended colleges and universities. Send a completed transcript release form for each college you've attended to the PGS enrollment team, and we'll request your transcripts!
- Minimum 2.7 G.P.A.
- Two letters of recommendation
- Copy of your teacher's certification document
- 1 year minimum of successful classroom teaching experience
If your primary language is not English, you must submit a TOEFL or IELTS score.
For admission to Cornerstone's Master of Arts in Education degree program, you must achieve one of the following minimum scores:
- Paper-based TOEFL test: 577
- Computer-based TOEFL test: 233
- Internet-based TOEFL test: 90-91
- Minimum IELTS score: 7.0
To understand the total estimated cost and investment of the M.A. in Education degree program, visit our tuition and fees page or review the breakdown of expenses effective June 1, 2018:
- Tuition: $515 per credit
- Educational Resources: $85 per course
- Application and Reservation Fee: $55
- Cost Per Three Credit Course: $1,630
- Total Estimated Cost: $19,100
One course within our Master of Arts in Education program is EDU-566 Reading Diagnostic Tools and Remediation. This course will prepare you in areas such as:
- Interest inventories
- Visual and auditory discrimination tools
- Language expression and processing screening
- Writing assessment tools
To see when this course is available, refer to our drop-in course schedule.