With a Master of Arts in Education: Educational Leadership degree, you'll develop the experience to further your career opportunities and lead your school environment as a positive influence.
Graduate studies in education with a specialization in educational leadership prepare you to advance in your role as an educator and serve your community well. Earn your master's degree and experience the opportunity to:
- Advance your career in new administrative roles.
- Gain an understanding of law, ethics and finance in managing your school.
- Position yourself well with the State of Michigan's education standards.
Degree Program Requirements
This master's degree in education requires 35 credit hours, which includes 15 credit hours of vocationally-focused concentration classes. This full-time program is approximately 78 weeks long.
For complete course descriptions and information about CU academic policies, see the PGS Graduate Academic Catalog.
Concentration Courses: 15 credit hours, 35 weeks
- EDU-695: Educational Leadership Internship
- EDU-531: Organizational Leadership
- EDU-533: Educational Supervision and Evaluation
- EDU-553: Educational Finance
- EDU-537: Educational Law and Ethics
Core Courses: 20 credit hours, 43 weeks
- EDU-511: Issues in Education
- EDU-573: Technology
- EDU-522: Curriculum, Assessment and Instructional Theory
- EDU-553: Research
- EDU-593: Master's Project A
- EDU-566: Reading Diagnostic Tools and Remediation
- EDU-524: Community Building and Educational Leadership
- EDU-595: Master's Project B
As you advance your professional development with a master's degree in education, your experience will empower you to achieve your unique goals in the education field and beyond. The interactive graph below pulls data from over 40,000 job sites to show you what employers are looking for and what opportunities this degree can open up for you.
Use the tool functions to look at career opportunities in Grand Rapids, all of Michigan or even nationwide. Choose between seeing options filtered by salary or demand level. And if a specific industry or career is of interest to you, click on it for more details.