The Master of Arts in Education: Educational Technology concentration helps you develop the knowledge and skills necessary for success in working with and leading students with technology resources.
Graduate studies in education with a specialization in educational technology prepare you with the latest technologies to help your students thrive. Earn your master's degree and experience the opportunity to:
- Be equipped for online instruction.
- Integrate technology into your classroom.
- Support your team of teachers with your specialization.
Degree Program Requirements
This master's degree in education requires 35 credit hours, which includes 12 credit hours of vocationally-focused concentration classes. This full-time program is approximately 78 weeks long.
For complete course descriptions and information about CU academic policies, see the PGS Graduate Academic Catalog.
Concentration Courses: 12 credit hours, 28 weeks
- EDU-541: Issues in Technology
- EDU-521: Instructional Design, Assessment and Evaluation
- EDU-525: Designing Multimedia
- EDU-527: Teaching in an Online Environment
Core Courses: 23 credit hours, 50 weeks
- EDU-511: Issues in Education
- EDU-573: Technology
- EDU-522: Curriculum, Assessment and Instructional Theory
- EDU-553: Research
- EDU-593: Master's Project A
- EDU-566: Reading Diagnostic Tools and Remediation
- EDU-524: Community Building and Educational Leadership
- EDU-595: Master's Project B
As you advance your professional development with a master's degree in education, your experience will empower you to achieve your unique goals in the education field and beyond. The interactive graph below pulls data from over 40,000 job sites to show you what employers are looking for and what opportunities this degree can open up for you.
Use the tool functions to look at career opportunities in Grand Rapids, all of Michigan or even nationwide. Choose between seeing options filtered by salary or demand level. And if a specific industry or career is of interest to you, click on it for more details.