Cornerstone University's Professional & Graduate Studies division graduates excel as knowledgable, character-driven educators in our world for Christ. As a result, they advance as caring, wise and spiritually grounded professionals in their respective spheres of influence.
Relevant Academic Training
PGS' academic programs for adult learners reflect our commitment to develop your knowledge, skills and attitudes in five distinct yet interconnected areas: specialized knowledge, applied knowledge and collaborative learning, intellectual skills, civic and global learning and biblical worldview integration.
The Master of Arts in Education curriculum and course work requirements are designed to enable you to:
- Demonstrate knowledge of and proficiency in the terminology, theories, concepts, practices and skills specific to the field of education.
- Identify major theories and terminology relevant to the study of K-12 education.
- Articulate approaches to curriculum development, assessment of learning and instructional theory.
- Demonstrate effective use of technology in K-12 education.
- Analyze current issues related to K-12 education.
- Exhibit knowledge of educational leadership within the K-12 setting.
- Exhibit competency in applying your knowledge to address real-life problems through both individual and group effort.
- Demonstrate professional skills appropriate to the degree program.
- Provide evidence of the ability to collaborate with others in achieving shared objectives.
- Exhibit communication skills, both in written and oral forms, appropriate for their professional field.
- Apply research to addressing issues in professional educational practice.
- Demonstrate your ability to integrate both traditional and non-traditional cognitive skills, including analytical inquiry, information literacy, quantitative fluency and communicative fluency.
- Demonstrate intercultural competence in addressing civic, social, environmental and economic issues. This will include issues related to multicultural education, understanding diversity and developing cultural awareness in teaching and learning.
- Articulate a Christ-centered worldview and its personal, professional and communal embodiment through Christian virtues. In particular, you will demonstrate understanding of the integration of Christian worldview and education.
We place a high value on our responsibility to deliver on the promise to provide excellence in adult education. With degrees customized to serve working adults as they balance family, faith, work and personal growth, our expert faculty help ensure you receive the relevant training and practical experience you need to flourish in your career.
- 78% of students in master's programs graduate with their degree.
- 94% of alumni believe that their education prepared them for the demands of their vocational life.
- 93% of master's program degree graduates are employed, continuing their education, serving in the military or giving back to their communities through volunteer roles.
*This data was taken from the results of a variety of surveys and other evaluative instruments administered in recent years at PGS.