The Master of Arts in Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages (TESOL) degree program provides you with the opportunity to engage in a supportive learning environment surrounded by faculty and peers of diverse backgrounds. Gain new insight and support as you pursue your unique goals, all while engaging with practical curriculum that you can use wherever your passion for TESOL takes you.
As a nonprofit, Christ-centered university, we strive to provide an accessible education that fits your needs.
Take courses in a way that's easy for you with classes offered in a 100% online or blended format. The blended program requires two on-campus residencies that are each two days long.
- Program Length: 22-24 months
- Start Date: Jan. 18, 2020 (online)
You may qualify to enroll at an alternate time. Call 800.947.2382 to speak with an enrollment counselor.
Equipping you to understand second language acquisition theories and practical ways to integrate technologically-enhanced instructional techniques into an educational strategy, this master's program prepares you to teach and minister in cross-cultural settings.
- ESL K-12 teacher
- ESL adult teacher
- Curriculum development
- Higher education
- Teacher trainers
- Program administration
A college degree is an investment. Expenses include tuition, a course reservation fee, educational resources and an application fee.
- Tuition: $515 per credit
- Educational Resources: $85 per course
- Application and Reservation Fee: $55
- Cost Per Three Credit Course: $1,630
- Total Estimated Cost: $17,985
For more information on the total program cost, review our tuition and fees.
- Application ($25 fee)
- Official college and/or military transcripts*
- Minimum 2.7 G.P.A. in undergraduate course work
- Two letters of recommendation
- Professional resume
- International Students: TOEFL or IELTS score
*Tip: Send us a transcript release for each college you've attended, and we'll request your transcripts!
- ESL Endorsement: Build upon your Michigan teaching certification, earning an endorsement to teach English as a Second Language in Michigan's public schools.
- TESOL Graduate Diploma: Learn more about the value of earning a TESOL Graduate Diploma, preparing you to serve in a ESL ministry or as a paraprofessional in the public schools.
What jobs can I get with a TESOL degree?
As you advance your professional development with a master's degree in TESOL, your experience will empower you to achieve your unique goals in the education field and beyond. The interactive graph below pulls data from over 40,000 job sites to show you what employers are looking for and what opportunities this degree can open up for you.
Use the tool functions to look at career opportunities in Grand Rapids, all of Michigan or even nationwide. Choose between seeing options filtered by salary or demand level. And if a specific industry or career is of interest to you, click on it for more details.