The Master of Arts in Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages (TESOL) degree program provides you with the opportunity to engage in a supportive learning environment surrounded by faculty and peers of diverse backgrounds. Gain new insight and support as you pursue your unique goals, all while engaging with practical curriculum that you can use wherever your passion for TESOL takes you.
As a nonprofit, Christ-centered university, we strive to provide an accessible education that fits your needs.
Take courses in a way that's easy for you with classes offered in a 100% online or blended format. The online program requires participants to attend two approved TESOL conferences and/or seminars; the blended program requires two on-campus residencies that are each two days long.
- Program Length: 22-24 months
- Start Date: January 2020 (online)
You may qualify to enroll at an alternate time. Call 800.947.2382 to speak with an enrollment counselor.
Equipping you to understand second language acquisition theories and practical ways to integrate technologically-enhanced instructional techniques into an educational strategy, this master's program prepares you to teach and minister in cross-cultural settings.
- ESL K-12 teacher
- ESL adult teacher
- Curriculum development
- Higher education
- Teacher trainers
- Program administration
A college degree is an investment. Expenses include tuition, a course reservation fee, educational resources and an application fee.
- Tuition: $515 per credit
- Educational Resources: $85 per course
- Application and Reservation Fee: $55
- Cost Per Three Credit Course: $1,630
- Total Estimated Cost: $17,985
For more information on the total program cost, review our tuition and fees.
- Application ($25 fee)
- Official college and/or military transcripts*
- Minimum 2.7 G.P.A. in undergraduate course work
- Two letters of recommendation
- Professional resume
- International Students: TOEFL or IELTS score
*Tip: Send us a transcript release for each college you've attended, and we'll request your transcripts!
- ESL Endorsement: Build upon your Michigan teaching certification, earning an endorsement to teach English as a Second Language in Michigan's public schools.
- TESOL Graduate Diploma: Learn more about the value of earning a TESOL Graduate Diploma, preparing you to serve in a ESL ministry or as a paraprofessional in the public schools.