Students in Cornerstone University's Master of Science in Management program develop the knowledge and skills necessary for success when working with and leading people in diverse organizational environments.
The Master of Science in Management program focuses on the application of theory and research to practical workplace problems by leveraging case studies and professional application to teach the foundational management disciplines of leadership, organizational behavior, diversity, human resources, economics, and strategic management. At Cornerstone, these are all based on Christ-centered principles.
- School: Adult & Graduate Studies
- Division: Business
- Degree Type: Master of Science
- Format: Onsite, Online
- Location: Grand Rapids, Kalamazoo, Lansing
- Program Length: 18-20 months
- Delivery Format: Onsite and online
- Accelerated cohort model
- Flexible, convenient learning options
- On-site courses meet 6:00 - 10:00 p.m.
- Total Program Credit Hours: 36
- Program Start Date: Cohorts begin periodically throughout the year. Speak with an enrollment counselor today to learn more.
- Application Deadline: Rolling admission
- New Skills and Proficiencies: You'll graduate able to provide practical solutions to workplace problems and lead individuals in diverse organizational environments.
- Navigate the Marketplace: You'll add value to your career, integrating theory and practice from subject areas such as leadership, organizational behavior, diversity, human resources, economics and strategic management.
- Submission of a completed application and non-refundable $25 applicable fee
- Official transcripts from all previously attended colleges and universities: Send a completed transcript release form for each college you've attended to the PGS enrollment team, and we'll request your transcripts.
- Minimum 2.7 G.P.A. if 1 or more years of work experience
- Minimum 3.0 G.P.A. if less than 1 year of work experience
- Copy of military transcripts (if applicable)
- Professional resume
- Two letters of recommendation
Students whose primary language is not English must submit a TOEFL or IELTS score.
For admission to Cornerstone University's Master of Science in Management degree program, you must achieve one of the following minimum scores:
- Paper-based TOEFL test: 577
- Computer-based TOEFL test: 233
- Internet-based TOEFL test: 90-91
- Minimum IELTS score: 7.0
To understand the total estimated cost and investment of the Master of Science in Management program, review a breakdown of expenses:
- Application Fee: $25
- Tuition Cost: $460 per credit hour
- Technology Fee: $40
- Resource Fee: $200 per course
- Reservation Fee: $30
- Total Estimated Cost: $19,495
Cornerstone University's commitment to offer you a competitively priced degree means that we partner with you to ensure its affordability. Preview our step-by-step financial aid checklist.
Program Courses and Catalog
A maximum of 6 master-level credit hours completed within the last seven years may be transferred from accredited colleges and/or universities. The Master of Science in Management degree requires completion of the following courses:
- BUS-505 Research Methods (3 credit hours, 7 weeks)
- BUS-503 Ethics, Values and Social Responsibility (3 credit hours, 6 weeks)
- MGT-532 Theory and Practice of Leadership (3 credit hours, 6 weeks)
- MGT-531 Organizational Behavior and Change (3 credit hours, 6 weeks)
- MGT-536 Managing and Maximizing Diversity (3 credit hours, 6 weeks)
- FIN-644 Managing Financial Resources (3 credit hours, 6 weeks)
- MGT-638 Issues in Human Resource Management (3 credit hours, 6 weeks)
- ECN-530 Economics (3 credit hours, 6 weeks)
- BUS-661 Legal and Regulatory Environment of Business (3 credit hours, 6 weeks)
- MGT-538 Case Studies in Management (3 credit hours, 6 weeks)
- MGT-639 Strategic Management (3 credit hours, 6 weeks)
- MGT-540 Applied Management Project (3 credit hours, 6 weeks)
For course descriptions and graduation requirements, view the 2016-17 Professional & Graduate Studies Graduate Academic Catalog.
Your Next Step
Join a cohort of working professionals on the path toward career advancement. To begin, submit your application now or schedule an appointment with an enrollment counselor.