Students in Cornerstone University's Master of Business Administration program develop leadership skills that can affect more than the bottom line. They develop an advanced knowledge of today's global business environment, along with practical management skills, all based on Christ-centered principles.
- School: Adult & Graduate Studies
- Division: Business
- Degree Type: Master of Business Administration
- Format: Blended, Online
- Location: Grand Rapids, Kalamazoo, Lansing
- Program Length: 20-22 months
- Delivery Format: Blended and online
- Accelerated cohort model
- Flexible, convenient learning options
- On-site courses meet 6:00 - 10:00 p.m.
- Total Program Credit Hours: 38
- Program Start Date: Cohorts begin periodically throughout the year. Speak with an enrollment counselor today to learn more.
- Application Deadline: Rolling admission
- New Skills and Proficiencies: Through securing knowledge in the areas of operations, finance and accounting, organizational behavior, marketing and strategy, you'll graduate able to apply principles of risk management, financial planning, global policy issues and financial contracts in your organizational setting.
- Career Opportunities:
- Corporate finance
- Financial management
- Financial consulting
- Investment banking
- International banking
- Securities management
- Submission of a completed application and non-refundable $25 applicable fee
- Official transcripts from all previously attended colleges and universities: Send a completed transcript release form for each college you've attended to the PGS enrollment team, and we'll request your transcripts.
- Minimum 2.7 G.P.A. if 1 or more years of work experience
- Minimum 3.0 G.P.A. if less than 1 year of work experience
- Professional resume
- Two letters of recommendation
Students whose primary language is not English must submit a TOEFL or IELTS score.
For admission to Cornerstone University's Master of Business Administration in Finance degree program, you must achieve one of the following minimum scores:
- Paper-based TOEFL test: 577
- Computer-based TOEFL test: 233
- Internet-based TOEFL test: 90-91
- Minimum IELTS score: 7.0
To understand the total estimated cost and investment of the M.B.A. in Finance program, review a breakdown of expenses:
- Application Fee: $25
- Tuition Cost: $500 per credit hour
- Technology Fee: $40
- Resource Fee: $200 per course
- Reservation Fee: $30
- Total Estimated Cost: $21,935
Cornerstone University's commitment to offer you a competitively priced degree means that we partner with you to ensure its affordability. Preview our step-by-step financial aid checklist.
Program Courses and Catalog
A maximum of 6 master-level credit hours completed within the last seven years may be transferred from accredited colleges and/or universities. The Master of Business Administration degree with a Finance concentration requires the following courses:
- Research Methods (BUS-505) — 3 credit hours, 7 weeks
- Economics (ECN-530) — 3 credit hours, 6 weeks
- Ethics, Values and Social Responsibility (BUS-503) — 3 credit hours, 6 weeks
- Accounting for Decision Making (ACC-525) — 4 credit hours, 8 weeks
- Managerial Finance (FIN-643) — 4 credit hours, 8 weeks
- Organizational Behavior and Change (MGT-531) — 3 credit hours, 6 weeks
- Marketing Strategies (MKT-651) — 3 credit hours, 6 weeks
- Entrepreneurship and Innovation (MGT-539) — 3 credit hours, 6 weeks
- Advanced Managerial Finance (FIN-645) — 3 credit hours, 6 weeks
- Global Finance (FIN-646) — 3 credit hours, 6 weeks
- Entrepreneurial Finance (FIN-647) — 3 credit hours, 6 weeks
- Applied Finance Project (MGT-696) — 3 credit hours, 6 weeks
For course descriptions and graduation requirements, view the 2016-17 Professional & Graduate Studies Graduate Academic Catalog.
Your Next Step
Join a cohort of working professionals on the path toward career advancement. To begin, submit your application now or schedule an appointment with an enrollment counselor.