The Master of Business Administration in Health Care is a graduate level academic program designed to provide leadership skills based on Christ-centered principles in five essential disciplines: operations, finance and accounting, organizational behavior, marketing and strategy. Created in conjunction with health care administrators, this cutting edge curriculum provides leadership development for clinicians while equipping the business-trained administrator with key competencies required in a health care setting. Students are prepared to pursue careers in areas such as hospital administration, practice management, and health insurance administration.
- School: Adult & Graduate Studies
- Division: Business
- Degree Type: Master of Business Administration
- Format: Blended, Online
- Location: Grand Rapids, Kalamazoo, Lansing
- Program Length: 20-22 months
- Delivery Format: Blended and online
- Accelerated cohort model
- Flexible, convenient learning options
- On-site courses meet 6:00 - 10:00 p.m.
- Total Program Credit Hours: 38
- Program Start Date: Cohorts begin periodically throughout the year. Speak with an enrollment counselor today to learn more.
- Application Deadline: Rolling admission
- New Skills and Proficencies: You'll graduate able to demonstrate knowledge of operations, finance and accounting, organizational behavior, marketing and strategy.
- Career Opportunities:
- Health care information
- Health insurance administration
- Health service management
- Long-term care management
- Hospital administration
- Physician group administration
- Practice management
- Submission of a completed application and non-refundable $25 applicable fee
- Official transcripts from all previously attended colleges and universities: Send a completed transcript release form for each college you've attended to the PGS enrollment team, and we'll request your transcripts.
- Minimum 2.7 G.P.A. if 1 or more years of work experience
- Minimum 3.0 G.P.A. if less than 1 year of work experience
- Copy of military transcripts (if applicable)
- Professional resume
- Two letters of recommendation
Students whose primary language is not English must submit a TOEFL or IELTS score.
For admission to Cornerstone University's Master of Business Administration in Health Care degree program, you must achieve one of the following minimum scores:
- Paper-based TOEFL test: 577
- Computer-based TOEFL test: 233
- Internet-based TOEFL test: 90-91
- Minimum IELTS score: 7.0
To understand the total estimated cost and investment of the M.B.A. in Health Care program, review a breakdown of expenses:
- Application Fee: $25
- Tuition Cost: $500 per credit hour
- Technology Fee: $40
- Resource Fee: $200 per course
- Reservation Fee: $30
- Total Estimated Cost: $21,935
Cornerstone University's commitment to offer you a competitively priced degree means that we partner with you to ensure its affordability. Preview our step-by-step financial aid checklist.
Program Courses and Catalog
A maximum of 6 master-level credit hours completed within the last seven years may be transferred from accredited colleges and/or universities. The Master of Business Administration degree with a Health Care concentration requires the following courses:
- BUS-505 Research Methods (3 credit hours, 7 weeks)
- ECN-530 Economics (3 credit hours, 6 weeks)
- BUS-503 Ethics, Values and Social Responsibility (3 credit hours, 6 weeks)
- ACC-525 Accounting for Decision Making (4 credit hours, 8 weeks)
- FIN-643 Managerial Finance (4 credit hours, 8 weeks)
- MGT-531 Organizational Behavior and Change (3 credit hours, 6 weeks)
- MKT-651 Marketing Strategies (3 credit hours, 6 weeks)
- MGT-539 Entrepreneurship and Innovation (3 credit hours, 6 weeks)
- MGT-534 Operations and Quality Outcomes Management (3 credit hours, 6 weeks)
- BUS-504 Ethical, Legal, and Regulatory Issues for Health Care (3 credit hours, 6 weeks)
- MGT-693 Integrative Case Study Analysis in Health Care (3 credit hours, 6 weeks)
- MGT-697 Applied Health Care Project (3 credit hours, 6 weeks)
For course descriptions and graduation requirements, view the 2016-17 Professional & Graduate Studies Graduate Academic Catalog.
Your Next Step
Join a cohort of working professionals on the path toward career advancement. To begin, submit your application now or schedule an appointment with an enrollment counselor.