Students in Cornerstone University's 48-credit Bachelor of Science in Ministry Leadership program will identify and apply critical components of the Christian worldview, demonstrate cross-cultural communication and collaboration and develop decision-making skills needed for management and leadership roles.
- School: Adult & Graduate Studies
- Division: Ministry
- Degree Type: Bachelor of Science
- Format: Onsite, Online
- Location: Grand Rapids, Kalamazoo
- Program Length: 20-22 months
- Delivery Format: Onsite and online
- Accelerated cohort model
- Flexible, convenient learning options
- On-site courses meet 6:00 - 10:00 p.m.
- Total Program Credit Hours: 48
- Program Start Date: Cohorts begin periodically throughout the year. Speak with an enrollment counselor today to learn more.
- Application Deadline: Rolling admission
- New Skills and Proficiencies: You'll graduate with skills both supported by and rooted in foundational biblical, theological and management principles. Course work will prepare you for the increasingly complex nature of leading others and participating in outreach organizations.
- Career Opportunities: Pastorate, missions, worship leader, non-profit leadership, volunteerism, student ministries
- Application ($25 fee)
- Minimum of 2 years of full-time work experience since high school
- Minimum of 56 transferable, college-level credit hours from an accredited institution
- Official transcripts from all previously attended colleges and universities: Send a completed transcript release form for each college you've attended to the PGS enrollment team, and we'll request your transcripts.
- CLEP and DANTES transcripts (if applicable)
- Copy of official military transcripts (if applicable)
- Statement of Christian faith and church involvement
- Reference from a church or ministry leader
Students whose primary language is not English must submit a TOEFL or IELTS score.
For admission to Cornerstone University's Bachelor of Science in Ministry Leadership degree program, you must achieve one of the following minimum scores:
- Paper-based TOEFL test: 550
- Computer-based TOEFL test: 213
- Internet-based TOEFL test: 79-80
- Minimum IELTS score: 6.5
A college degree is an investment. To understand the total estimated cost for the Bachelor of Science in Ministry Leadership program, review a breakdown of expenses:
- Application Fee: $25
- Tuition Cost: $410 per credit hour
- Technology Fee: $40 per course
- Resource Fee: $125 per course
- Reservation Fee: $30
- Total Estimated Cost: $22,375
Cornerstone University's commitment to offer you a competitively priced degree means that we partner with you to ensure its affordability. Preview our step-by-step financial aid checklist.
Earning your next degree is attainable. Upon completion of your Bachelor of Science in Ministry Leadership degree, you may apply to join a master's program cohort:
- Master of Arts in Biblical Studies
- Master of Arts in Ministry Leadership
- Master of Arts in TESOL
- Master of Arts in Organizational Leadership
"Cornerstone University was a life changing experience. The people I have met became like family and everything I studied gave me a firm foundation to build upon and discern my calling into ministry. I am truly grateful God called me to this school."—Sheri Harris (B.S. '15)
Program Courses and Catalog
The Bachelor of Science in Ministry Leadership degree requires completion of the following courses:
- Principles of Self-Management in Ministry (CMI-302) — 3 credit hours, 5 weeks
- Professional Writing (ENG-119) — 3 credit hours, 5 weeks
- Professional Communication (COM-211) — 3 credit hours, 5 weeks
- Personal Growth for Effective Leadership (CMI-312) — 3 credit hours, 5 weeks
- Principles of Biblical Studies (REL-228) — 3 credit hours, 5 weeks
- Interpretive Analysis of New Testament Literature (REL-237) — 3 credit hours, 5 weeks
- Ministry Ethics and Values (CMI-338) — 3 credit hours, 5 weeks
- Christian Doctrine I (REL-238) — 3 credit hours, 5 weeks
- Christian Doctrine II (REL-345) — 3 credit hours, 5 weeks
- Philosophy of Leadership (CMI-331) — 3 credit hours, 5 weeks
- Organizational Behavior and Processes (MGT-317) — 3 credit hours, 5 weeks
- Systems for Cultural Impact (CMI-433) — 3 credit hours, 5 weeks
- Interpretive Analysis of Old Testament Literature (REL-233) — 3 credit hours, 5 weeks
- Negotiation and Conflict Resolution (MGT-315) — 3 credit hours, 5 weeks
- Managing the Not-for-Profit Organization (MGT-316) — 3 credit hours, 5 weeks
- Applications in Organizational Leadership (CMI-442) — 3 credit hours, 5 weeks
Bible Survey Courses
In addition to the courses included in the Bachelor of Science in Ministry Leadership program, you must also complete the following courses if not fulfilled previously:
- Old Testament Survey (REL-231, REL-235 or equivalent course)
- New Testament Survey (REL-232, REL-234 or equivalent course)
For course descriptions and graduation requirements, view the 2016-17 Professional & Graduate Studies Undergraduate Academic Catalog.
Your Next Step
Join a cohort of working professionals on the path toward your undergraduate degree and career advancement. To begin, submit your application now or schedule an appointment with an enrollment counselor.