At Cornerstone University, ministry leadership classes give you relevant biblical, theological and leadership principles that you can readily apply wherever you are called to be. Whether you're seeking a role in pastoral ministries, nonprofit leadership, missions, volunteer programs or student ministries, our expert faculty prepare you to advance as an ethical and competent leader.
Degree Program Requirements
A bachelor's degree in ministry leadership requires 48 credit hours. This full-time program is approximately 80 weeks long and offers courses one at a time in the order shown below.
- Old Testament Survey (REL-231, REL-235 or equivalent course)*
- New Testament Survey (REL-232, REL-234 or equivalent course)*
- CMI-302: Principles of Self-Management in Ministry
- ENG-119: Professional Writing
- COM-211: Professional Communication
- CMI-312: Personal Growth for Effective Leadership
- REL-228: Principles of Biblical Studies
- REL-237: Interpretive Analysis of New Testament Literature
- CMI-338: Ministry Ethics and Values
- REL-238: Christian Doctrine I
- REL-345: Christian Doctrine II
- CMI-331: Philosophy of Leadership
- MGT-317: Organizational Behavior and Processes
- CMI-433: Systems for Cultural Impact
- REL-233: Interpretive Analysis of Old Testament Literature
- MGT-315: Negotiation and Conflict Resolution
- MGT-316: Managing the Not-for-Profit Organization
- CMI-442: Applications in Organizational Leadership
*If not taken previously, two survey courses—Old and New Testament—must be completed in order to fulfill degree requirements.
You may also need to complete additional courses to fulfill the general education requirements for your degree.
Undergraduate Academic Catalog
More information about general education requirements—and a complete list of course descriptions—for this undergraduate program can be found in our PGS Undergraduate Academic Catalog.