Across industries, project management is a highly demanded skill set. From skills in leadership and conflict management to risk management and budgeting, certification as a project manager empowers you for new fulfilling job opportunities and career advancement.
The three-course specialization in project management gives you the knowledge and experience required for the Project Management Professional (PMP) certification exam, an assessment administered at a variety of certified testing locations.
PMP Certification Process
PMP certification is an industry-recognized credential that comes with valuable benefits. To become a PMP, you'll need to complete the certification exam at a certified testing location and meet certain qualifications. This three-course program does not include the PMP exam, and Cornerstone University does not serve as a testing location.
These three courses support your efforts in pursuing PMP certification by providing:
- Fulfillment of the 35-hour project management education prerequisite to take the certification exam.
- Training through course work that includes exam preparation so you can feel confident in your study.
- Courses taught by faculty with experience in their field with the opportunity for one-on-one questions and are taken in a cohort for shared learning with peers.
You'll also need to fulfill additional requirements to qualify for the exam, including three to five years of experience in leading projects and having either an associate or bachelor's degree. Once you meet those requirements, you can take a 200-question, multiple-choice exam offered at a certified testing location to test for PMP certification.
- School: Adult & Graduate Studies
- Division: Business
- Degree Type: Specialization
- Format: Online
- Location: Online
As you advance your experience and credentials, we provide a dynamic learning environment that meets your needs as a busy adult.
Take three 6-week courses 100% online for maximum flexibility with your schedule as you complete one after the other.
- Length: 18-20 weeks
- Start Date: July and October 2020
Excelling in professional development is an investment in yourself and your future. Resources include textbooks and a PMP exam preparation guide with practice questions and other helpful tips to help you study well.
- Tuition: $480 per credit hour
- Educational Resources: $175 per course
- Cost Per Course: $1,615
- Total Estimated Cost: $4,845
Financial aid may be available for current Cornerstone students. Financial aid is not applicable if you are taking these courses as non-degree credits.
If you are not a current Cornerstone student, there are no entry requirements to take these courses.
If you are a current Cornerstone student, you must have 45 credits completed before taking these courses. If you have questions about if you meet this requirement, connect with your academic adviser.
Project Management Training Courses
Through these three courses, you'll engage in practical and relevant topics such as project design, resource management and aligning projects with organizational goals.
- Fundamentals of Project Management: An exploration of the framework and fundamental methodologies of project management. Topics include foundational concepts such as requirements gathering, scope management, change control and time management, as well as an introduction to common tools, techniques and the process required to become a certified project manager.
- Cost, Quality and Team Management: An exploration of a variety of project management principles necessary to manage the resources of a project. Specific topics include project budgeting, cost estimation and control, quality assurance and control, acquiring, developing, and managing a project team, conflict management and negotiation skills.
- Communications and Risk Management: A study of the principles of effective communication, including managing risks, issues and stakeholder expectations. Topics include the methodology for identifying, measuring and responding to risks and issues, as well as the professional and social responsibilities of project management.
Whatever field you're in or aspire toward, project management is a foundational skill that can empower you to fulfill your next step. Advance your career and take the next step to earn your PMP Certification. For questions, connect with our enrollment team at firstname.lastname@example.org or 616.222.1448.
Join the Cornerstone community and complete your non-degree program application.
Connect with your academic adviser as you navigate your next step forward. You'll need to complete a drop-in course form to apply for this exclusive project management training opportunity. You'll also want to connect with your Student Financial Services Specialist as you may be eligible for financial aid for this non-degree program.