Students in Cornerstone University's Bachelor of Science in Psychology program develop leadership, analytical, and problem-solving skills as well as best practices in psychology within a Christian framework. The Bachelor of Science in Psychology is a 46 credit-hour program that students can expect to complete in 20-22 months.
- School: Adult & Graduate Studies
- Division: Social Science
- Degree Type: Bachelor of Science
- Format: Onsite, Online
- Location: Grand Rapids, Kalamazoo, Lansing
- Program Length: 20-22 months
- Delivery Format: Onsite and online
- Accelerated cohort model
- Flexible, convenient learning options
- On-site courses meet 6:00 - 10:00 p.m.
- Total Program Credit Hours: 46
- Program Start Date: Cohorts begin periodically throughout the year. Speak with an enrollment counselor today to learn more.
- Application Deadline: Rolling admission
- New Skills and Proficiencies: Your program will prepare you to analyze and resolve human service needs for diverse populations, equipping you with an emphasis on the universal applicability of the discipline of psychology.
- Career Opportunities: Psychiatric technician, child care worker, social worker, volunteer services coordinator, mental health worker, research associate, counselor, case management and rehabilitation specialist
- Application ($25 fee)
- Minimum of 2 years of full-time work experience since high school
- Minimum of 56 transferable, college-level credit hours from an accredited institution
- Official transcripts from all previously attended colleges and universities. Send a completed transcript release form for each college you've attended to the PGS enrollment team, and we'll request your transcripts!
- CLEP and DANTES transcripts (if applicable)
- Copy of official military transcripts (if applicable)
Students whose primary language is not English must submit a TOEFL or IELTS score.
For admission to Cornerstone University's Bachelor of Science in Psychology degree program, you must achieve one of the following minimum scores:
- Paper-based TOEFL test: 550
- Computer-based TOEFL test: 213
- Internet-based TOEFL test: 79-80
- Minimum IELTS score: 6.5
A college degree is an investment. To understand the total estimated cost for the Bachelor of Science in Psychology program, review a breakdown of expenses:
- Application Fee: $25
- Tuition Cost: $410 per credit hour
- Technology Fee: $40 per course
- Resource Fee: $125 per course
- Reservation Fee: $30
- Total Estimated Cost: $21,390
Cornerstone University's commitment to offer you a competitively priced degree means that we partner with you to ensure its affordability. Preview our step-by-step financial aid checklist.
Program Courses and Catalog
The Bachelor of Science in Psychology degree requires completion of the following courses:
- Principles of Self-Management (IDS-302) — 3 credit hours, 5 weeks
- Professional Writing (ENG-119) — 3 credit hours, 5 weeks
- Professional Communication (COM-211) — 3 credit hours, 5 weeks
- Christian Foundations in Psychology: Issues and Ethics (IDS-402) — 3 credit hours, 5 weeks
- Current Trends and Specialties in Psychology (PSY-447) — 3 credit hours, 5 weeks
- Introduction to Psychological Theories, History and Systems (PSY-241) — 3 credit hours, 5 weeks
- Multicultural Counseling (PSY-332) — 3 credit hours, 5 weeks
- Life Span Development Psychology (PSY-335) — 3 credit hours, 5 weeks
- Research Methodology and Statistics (PSY-354) — 4 credit hours, 8 weeks
- Psychopathology (PSY-423) — 3 credit hours, 5 weeks
- Physiological Psychology (PSY-441) — 3 credit hours, 5 weeks
- Introduction to Relationships in Psychology (PSY-446) — 3 credit hours, 5 weeks
- Theories in Counseling (PSY-421) — 3 credit hours, 5 weeks
- Techniques in Counseling (PSY-452) — 3 credit hours, 5 weeks
- Psychology Capstone (PSY-455) — 3 credit hours, 5 weeks
For course descriptions and graduation requirements, view the 2016-17 Professional & Graduate Studies Undergraduate Academic Catalog.
Your Next Step
Join a cohort of working professionals on the path toward your undergraduate degree and career advancement. To begin, submit your application now or schedule an appointment with an enrollment counselor.