Students in Cornerstone University's Bachelor of Science in Psychology program develop leadership, analytical, and problem-solving skills as well as best practices in psychology within a Christian framework. The Bachelor of Science in Psychology is a 46 credit-hour program that students can expect to complete in 20-22 months.
- School: Adult & Graduate Studies
- Division: Social Science
- Degree Type: Bachelor of Science
- Format: Onsite, Online
- Location: Grand Rapids, Kalamazoo, Lansing
- Program Length: 20-22 months
- Delivery Format: Onsite and online
- Accelerated cohort model
- Flexible, convenient learning options
- On-site courses meet 6:00 - 10:00 p.m.
- Total Program Credit Hours: 46
- Program Start Date: Cohorts begin periodically throughout the year. Speak with an enrollment counselor today to learn more.
- Application Deadline: Rolling admission
- New Skills and Proficiencies: Your program will prepare you to analyze and resolve human service needs for diverse populations, equipping you with an emphasis on the universal appliacbility of the disicipline of psychology.
- Career Opportunities: Psychiatric technician, child care worker, social worker, volunteer services coordinator, mental health worker, research associate, counselor, case management and rehabilitation specialist
- Submission of a completed application and non-refundable $25 application fee
- Minimum of 2 years of full-time work experience since high school
- Minimum of 56 transferrable, college-level credit hours from an accredited institution
- Official transcripts from all previously attended colleges and universities: Send a completed transcript release form for each college you've attended to the PGS enrollment team, and we'll request your transcripts.
- CLEP and DANTES transcripts (if applicable)
- Copy of official military transcripts (if applicable)
Students whose primary language is not English must submit a TOEFL or IELTS score.
For admission to Cornerstone University's Bachelor of Science in Psychology degree program, you must achieve one of the following minimum scores:
- Paper-based TOEFL test: 550
- Computer-based TOEFL test: 213
- Internet-based TOEFL test: 79-80
- Minimum IELTS score: 6.5
A college degree is an investment. To understand the total estimated cost for the Bachelor of Science in Psychology program, review a breakdown of expenses:
- Application Fee: $25
- Tuition Cost: $410 per credit hour
- Technology Fee: $40 per course
- Resource Fee: $125 per course
- Reservation Fee: $30
- Total Estimated Cost: $21,390
Cornerstone University's commitment to offer you a competitively priced degree means that we partner with you to ensure its affordability. Preview our step-by-step financial aid checklist.
Program Courses and Catalog
The Bachelor of Science in Psychology degree requires completion of the following courses:
- IDS-302 Principles of Self-Management (3 credit hours, 5 weeks)
- ENG-119 Professional Writing (3 credit hours, 5 weeks)
- COM-211 Professional Communication (3 credit hours, 5 weeks)
- IDS-402 Christian Foundations in Psychology—Issues and Ethics (3 credit hours, 5 weeks)
- PSY-447 Current Trends and Specialties in Psychology (3 credit hours, 5 weeks)
- PSY-241 Introduction to Psychological Theories, History and Systems (3 credit hours, 5 weeks)
- PSY-332 Multicultural Counseling (3 credit hours, 5 weeks)
- PSY-335 Life Span Development Psychology (3 credit hours, 5 weeks)
- PSY-354 Research Methodology and Statistics (4 credit hours, 8 weeks)
- PSY-423 Psychopathology (3 credit hours, 5 weeks)
- PSY-441 Physiological Psychology (3 credit hours, 5 weeks)
- PSY-446 Introduction to Relationships in Psychology (3 credit hours, 5 weeks)
- PSY-421 Theories in Counseling (3 credit hours, 5 weeks)
- PSY-452 Techniques in Counseling (3 credit hours, 5 weeks)
- PSY-455 Psychology Capstone (3 credit hours, 5 weeks)
For course descriptions and graduation requirements, view the 2016-17 Professional & Graduate Studies Undergraduate Academic Catalog.
Your Next Step
Join a cohort of working professionals on the path toward your undergraduate degree and career advancement. To begin, submit your application now or schedule an appointment with an enrollment counselor.