The Master of Arts in Christian Formation is designed to develop basic competencies essential to the study of the Bible and related theological literature, while also nurturing knowledge and skill development in the enactment of educational ministry leadership.
Our program checklist breaks this program into modules and lists the courses required for each module. Depending on how many classes you want to take each semester, the typical student completes the program in 2-4 years. The average full-time student takes 12 credits per semester; the average part-time student takes six credits per semester.
- School: Grand Rapids Theological Seminary
- Division: Bible, Religion & Ministry
- Degree Type: Master of Arts
- Format: Residential
- Location: Grand Rapids
The 65-credit program consists of:
- 15 Bible Credits
- 17 Theology Credits
- 24 Christian Formation credits, which includes:
- Nine credits of a chosen specialization
- Eight credits of ministry residency OR completion of a thesis for future doctoral studies
The following document is a sample of how you might arrange courses for the Master of Arts in Christian Formation degree program. We encourage you to arrange your course plan in a way that will fit your own desired course loads, interests and available dates and times.
- Pastoral Ministry
- Youth Pastor
- Associate Pastor
- Para-Church Ministry
- Christian Education