Following God's call means serving Him wherever that call may lead. For many the call to service is among the marginalized and the under-resourced. Since 2008, the Urban Cohort program at GRTS has brought together ministry leaders who currently serve, or desire to serve in a variety of ministry roles. Senior and staff pastors, directors of non-profit ministries, and lay leaders to learn in community. Students come from a wide range of denominations with a shared vision of impacting the urban community with Kingdom influence.
- 36 credits
- 65% tuition scholarship for eligible program participants
- Classes held one night a week (same night for duration of program)
- One class per semester
- Complete program in 4-6 years
- Cohort model with additional academic resources available for greater academic success
- Faculty led trip to Israel included in program (available option)
- Option to study Greek and Hebrew along with advanced Biblical exegesis courses (MABS)
- Specialized ministry leadership training (MAML)
- Classes count toward other degree programs offered at GRTS
- Complete the program while working full-time
Choose from one of two degree tracks: the Master of Arts in Ministry Leadership (MAML) or the Master of Arts in Biblical Studies (MABS).
The program is built around eight core courses in Bible and Theology which are the foundation of the Masters degree program at GRTS:
Students with accredited undergraduate degrees will proceed to the next four classes and upon successful completion, receive either the Master of Arts in Ministry Leadership or the Master of Arts in Biblical Studies degree. Students without a complete undergraduate degree may apply the eight core courses to one of several Bachelor's degrees offered by the Professional and Graduate Studies division of Cornerstone University. This flexibility allows ministry leaders from various academic backgrounds to further their theological education.
A critical component of the program's success is facilitated by funding partners who make seminary training and skills development available and affordable.
- School: Grand Rapids Theological Seminary
- Division: Bible, Theology & Ministry
- Degree Type: Master of Arts
- Format: Residential
- Location: Grand Rapids