With a degree in Accounting, you will graduate prepared to seek licensing as a Certified Public Accountant (CPA). You'll refine your skills in analysis and problem solving. As such, faculty members will equip you to make ethical, sound decisions and contribute to the growth of both individuals and organizations.
- School: Traditional Undergrad Academics
- Division: Business
- Degree Type: Bachelor of Science, Minor
- Format: Residential
- Location: Grand Rapids
- Major Credit Hours: 60
- Minor Credit Hours: 21
- Application Deadline: Rolling admission
- Fall semester—August 15
- Spring semester—January 1
The state of Michigan requires 150 credit hours to become a Certified Public Accountant. By choosing to pursue an additional major or minor in finance or by opting to earn a graduate degree, you will have opportunities to obtain positions as a...
- Certified Public Accountant
- Certified Management Accountant
- Financial Manager
- Internal or External Auditor
- Personal Financial Planner
- Production Manager
- Manufacturing Accountant
- Tax Preparer
100% of Cornerstone University's traditional undergraduate students complete an internship experience.
Accounting majors have received hands-on, professional training as interns with these organizations:
- AMST Inc.
- Cornerstone University
- Universal Forest Products
- VITA Collegiate Partnership of West Michigan
- Ashley Dean ('07) serves as a Reimbursement Specialist at Family Home Health Services.
"The class sizes at Cornerstone were definitely an advantage because professors and students were able to develop relationships which makes seeking help very easy."
- Kara Smelter Stout ('06) holds a position as an Accounting Manager at Trimaco LLC.
"The atmosphere at Cornerstone was ideal for academic advancement and spiritual growth. My internship requirement was a great way to gain some real life experience before entering the workforce full-time."
- Sarah E. Keith ('06) serves a Senior Management Analyst at BearingPoint Management & Technology Consultants.
"My time at Cornerstone prepared me for my careers in ways that I appreciate every day. The faculty and staff really cared about my career development as well as my spiritual development."
- Chris Gordon ('04) works as a Senior Auditor at Capin Crouse LLP.
"I knew that my business professors cared about my success as a student and as a person."