With a major in accounting, you will be prepared to seek licensing as a Certified Public Accountant (CPA). Refining your skills in analysis and problem solving, you will graduate equipped to make ethical, sound decisions and to contribute to the growth and development of both individuals and organizations.
- School: Traditional Undergrad Academics
- Division: Business
- Degree Type: Bachelor of Science
- Format: Residential
- Location: Grand Rapids
- Certified Public Accountant
- Certified Management Accountant
- Financial Manager
- Internal or External Auditor
- Personal Financial Planner
- Production Manager
- Manufacturing Accountant
- Tax Preparer
- Accounting Information Systems
- Cost Accounting
- Business Law
Available internship opportunities range from large multi-national corporations to small local companies and not-for-profit organizations, including the Michigan Association of Certified Public Accountants and the Institute of Internal Auditors. Based as a student in Grand Rapids, you may choose to intern with...
- Bank of Holland
- Merrill Lynch
- State Farm Insurance
Accounting Degree Outcomes
- Ashley Dean ('07) serves as a Reimbursement Specialist at Family Home Health Services.
"The class sizes at Cornerstone were definitely an advantage because professors and students were able to develop relationships which makes seeking help very easy."
- Kara Smelter Stout ('06) holds a position as an Accounting Manager at Trimaco LLC.
"The atmosphere at Cornerstone was ideal for academic advancement and spiritual growth. My internship requirement was a great way to gain some real life experience before entering the workforce full-time."
- Sarah E. Keith ('06) serves a Senior Management Analyst at BearingPoint Management & Technology Consultants.
"My time at Cornerstone prepared me for my careers in ways that I appreciate every day. The faculty and staff really cared about my career development as well as my spiritual development."
- Chris Gordon ('04) works as a Senior Auditor at Capin Crouse LLP.
"I knew that my business professors cared about my success as a student and as a person."