A major in accounting capitalizes on your ability to analyze data and communicate strategic leadership insights. It prepares you with the skills required to interact with for-profit and non-profit business clients. It equips you to make sound, ethical decisions that align with a biblical worldview. And it empowers you as a lifelong learner in a fast-growing industry.
A bachelor's degree in accounting qualifies you to sit for the Uniform Certified Public Accountant (CPA) exam and begin the process to seek licensure. Our partnership with the Stephen M. Ross School of Business at the University of Michigan gives you the option to take the exam in sections and earn graduate education hours; this ensures the information you need for each part of the test is top of mind.
Why Cornerstone University?
- Expect more interaction with expert faculty. At Cornerstone, we intentionally limit class sizes because we value relational learning. This means you'll receive more in-class attention from professors who are committed to seeing you thrive.
- Expand your career options. Based on your vocational interests, take advantage of the opportunity to add a second major such as business administration or finance to your four-year plan. This further increases your marketability as a young professional.
- Fast-track your career advancement. Accounting majors have the opportunity to qualify for advanced standing in our Master of Business Administration (MBA) program. This gives you the option to earn a bachelor's and master's degree in as few as five years.
- School: Traditional Undergrad Academics
- Division: Business
- Degree Type: Bachelor of Science, Minor
- Format: Residential
- Location: Grand Rapids
A bachelor's degree in accounting prepares you for a range of career options and graduate programs.
- Certified public accountant*
- Certified management accountant
- Financial manager
- Internal or external auditor
- Personal financial planner
- Production manager
- Manufacturing accountant
- Tax preparer
*The state of Michigan requires 150 credit hours to become a CPA.
A well-rounded list of liberal arts and major classes prepare you to excel as an innovative, character-driven professional. And trained advisers provide the personalized, strengths-focused guidance you need to thrive as a college student and complete your degree.
Download a semester-by-semester class planning guide. This shows how you can finish your degree in four years.
100% of our traditional undergraduate students complete an academic internship or practicum. More than a graduation requirement, this real-world experience helps you explore your calling and gain practical skills for career success.
With guidance from the Center for Career & Life Calling, our students land internships at trusted businesses and nonprofits around the world.
- American Village Builders
- AMST Inc.
- Universal Forest Products
- VITA Collegiate Partnership of West Michigan
Cornerstone alumni are tireless in their passion to influence our world for Christ as servant leaders. You can find CU graduates building lives that matter at workplaces based in West Michigan and beyond.
- American Red Cross of West Michigan
- CapinCrouse LLP
- Kellogg Company
- Steelcase Inc.
of our traditional undergraduate accounting majors from the class of 2016 were working or enrolled in graduate school within six months of graduation.
Our Business Division students receive admission to respected graduate schools.
- University of Michigan