Develop your ideas and stories into organized, compelling, creative works through Cornerstone University's Creative Writing Camp. Led by Cornerstone professors alongside writers and publishing professionals from the West Michigan area, our three-day program offers you opportunities to engage in innovative forms of creative writing.
There will be a variety of ways for you to explore and grow in your writing:
- Generate and polish a wealth of new poems, stories and personal essays.
- Experiment with your writing through workshops, tutorials and lectures.
- Learn from professionals in the publishing industry.
- Participate in insightful peer review sessions.
In addition to covering the writing process, our program focuses on inside aspects of the publishing industry. You'll explore what markets are available for your writing, the types of jobs available to creative writers, Cornerstone's undergraduate writing programs and strategies for getting published.
Join creative writing faculty, special guests and area high school students for the Creative Writing Camp from July 7-9, 2020.
Registration for the 2020 Creative Writing Camp is open to high school students entering grades 9th to 12th, along with entering new college freshmen.
- Dates: Tuesday, July 7 to Thursday, July 9, 2020
- Time: 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. (overnight lodging is not provided)
- Location: Cornerstone University (Grand Rapids, Mich.)
- Cost: $150 (plus $3.75 processing fee)
Please Note: Your Creative Writing Camp registration payment includes a non-refundable 2.5% credit card processing fee.
What to Expect
This three-day creative writing camp is designed for those interested in the creative writing process. This experience also prepares you to:
- Transform your writing skills in a variety of genres.
- Gain exposure to the editing and publishing process.
- Participate in a writing competition judged by local authors and editors.
Refunds for the Creative Writing Camp will not be honored within 30 days of the start of camp except under extenuating circumstances. We will allow camper substitutions at no extra charge in the event that your student no longer wishes to attend the camp.