The compassion and dedication of those working in the ESL classroom are impacting the lives of their students as they leave not only with greater English proficiency but also with the skills that can bring peace and hope to their communities.
What you do is meaningful. Cornerstone University's 19th Annual English as a Second Language (ESL) Conference can help.
Join us for Cornerstone's 2020 ESL Conference, entitled Teaching for Reconciliation, where you'll be encouraged in your ESL context and equipped with tools to help you teach well. Be reminded of the important role of reconciliation you play in teaching new ideas and supporting your students. In addition to gaining practical tools and gathering valuable insights from our keynote speaker, you'll have the opportunity to choose from a variety of breakout sessions for even more topic and speaker options.
- Keynote Speaker: Dr. Jan Dormer
- Date: April 18, 2020
- Location: Gainey Conference Center, Cornerstone University
- "Teaching for Reconciliation" | Jan Dormer, Messiah College
- "Incorporation of Volunteer Tutors in ESL Classrooms" | Carrie Roper, Literacy Center of West Michigan
- "Re-Envisioning the Classroom Through Community-Driven Learning" | Brian Pickerd and Michael Pasquale, Cornerstone University
- "Trauma-Informed Practices for Teachers" | Brandy Shooks, Great Lakes Christian College
- Information Session on the M.A. TESOL Program | Michael Pasquale, Cornerstone University
Serving as the Associate Professor of TESOL at Messiah College in Pennsylvania, Dr. Jan Dormer is a frequently invited speaker on topics of TESOL in Christian ministry, especially addressing ESL and EFL issues in Christian schools around the world.
Dormer is the author of the books "Teaching English for Reconciliation: Pursuing Peace Through Transformed Relationships in Language Learning and Teaching" and "Teaching English in Missions: Effectiveness and Integrity." She is also the author of "What School Leaders Need to Know about English Learners."
Register by April 9 to order your conference pass and receive a complimentary conference lunch! Online registrations include a 2.5% credit card fee; to pay by check, download the conference registration form and mail your payment to Cornerstone University.
Conference registration costs are non-refundable after April 9.