Audio production allows you to tell stories through practical and creative uses of sound. Cornerstone stands at the forefront of enabling students to influence the airwaves of our culture through numerous interesting forms.
You'll focus on classes in mixing and mastering, post production, and live sound production in fully-equipped studios, learning the techniques necessary to deconstruct popular music production; develop your professional audio portfolio; engineer, mix, master and produce audio; learn audio post-production for film and television; and use industry standard studios and equipment.
As a graduate of this program, you will discover opportunities as a...
- Church Media Director
- Film Post Sound Design and Engineer
- Live Audio Engineer
- Music Producer
- Recording Studio Engineer
- Recording Studio Engineer Owner & Operator
Download a sample degree program for a major in Audio Production.
- Audio Production II
- Deconstructing Popular Music
- Music Producing I & II
- Live Sound Production
- Mixing & Mastering
- Music Business
Cornerstone students have interned in a variety of exciting venues. You could do the same by interning with...
- Big Ticket Festival: Help professionals run sound at our local music festival.
- WCSG: Work with the one of West Michigan's strongest radio stations.
- Contemporary Christian Music Center: Spend a semester in Nashville and intern with industry professionals.
- Mega Churches: Improve your live mixing skills through interning at one of our many area churches.
- Mike Cervantes ('10) owns and operates a recording studio in Grand Rapids called The Foxboro.
- Sarah Schaefer ('11) works at Brilliance Audio in Grand Haven, MI, where she edits, mixes, and engineers audio book recordings.
- Dave VanKeulen ('12) serves as the Tech and Programming Director at Impact Church in Lowell, MI, where he manages everything from live sound mixing to video content, lighting, and stage design.