Our world needs Christ-centered influencers, professionals and audio technicians. A major in audio production prepares you for careers in audio production by teaching you knowledge and skills in three primary areas: live sound, studio production and post-production.
Qualities for Career Success
Cornerstone University's academic programs reflect our commitment to develop your knowledge, skills and attitudes in five distinct yet interconnected areas: specialized knowledge, applied knowledge and collaborative learning, intellectual skills, civic and global learning and biblical worldview integration.
This means that successful completion of our Bachelor of Arts in Audio Production degree program equips you to:
- Demonstrate an understanding of basic and advanced audio theory, as well as the functioning and use of both basic and advanced hardware and software involved in audio production.
- Explain the core principles of basic and advanced audio theory.
- Explain the core principles of basic and advanced hardware and software theory.
- Demonstrate skills in the areas of live sound production, studio production and post-production for film.
- Engineer studio sessions.
- Mix and master multitrack sessions.
- Demonstrate proficiency in the area of post for film. This includes ADR, scoring, Foley and mixing of the elements.
- Engineer and run a live sound setup.
- Demonstrate your ability to integrate both traditional and non-traditional cognitive skills, including analytical inquiry, information literacy, quantitative fluency and communicative fluency.
- Demonstrate intercultural competence in addressing civic, social, environmental and economic issues.
- Articulate a Christ-centered worldview and its personal, professional and communal embodiment through Christian virtues.