Come and study the Bible alongside teachers and students who love to explore God’s Word! This program stresses the literary and historical studies that illuminate the biblical text. Dedicated faculty equip our students with the tools to help them embark on a life-long discovery of faith and truth.
A unique feature of this program is our four tracks. Our students may pursue one or more tracks of specialized classes in Biblical Languages, Intercultural Studies, Ministry or Philosophy. These tracks rest on the foundation of biblical studies in each of your academic years from the freshmen to senior experiences.
- Demonstrate knowledge of the content of the Bible, including its genres, structures and themes.
- Demonstrate knowledge of extra-biblical literature from the ancient Near East, prominent Mediterranean cultures (Egypt, Greece, Rome, etc.), and Jewish sources.
- Demonstrate through oral and written presentations an awareness of major issues for reading the Bible in light of history, literary genres, canon, historic theological and religious debates, and modern scholarly debates.
- School: Traditional Undergrad Academics
- Division: Bible, Religion & Ministry
- Degree Type: Bachelor of Arts
- Format: Residential
- Location: Grand Rapids
- Biblical Languages Track - Demonstrate proficiency in reading the Old Testament and New Testament in their original languages
- Intercultural Studies Track- Take biblical text beyond the classroom into global issues and cultural differences
- Ministry Track - Make meaningful connections between the biblical text and modern issues in the Church or para-Church organizations
- Philosophy Track - Make meaningful connections between the Bible and the philosophical traditions contemporary with it and later in the early church
- Biblical Studies
- Ministry & Missions
- Humanitarian Worker
- Teacher (May require certification)
Download a sample degree plan for Biblical Studies.
- Religions of the World
- Mosaic Literature
- Second Temple Literature & the Dead Sea Scrolls
- Pauline Literature
- Greek & Hebrew
- Research Assistantships
Biblical Studies Degree Outcomes
- SJ Wheelock is a Graduate Student at Grand Rapids Theological Seminary.
- Anna Barnett is enrolled as a Graduate Student at Denver Seminary.
- Christian J. Crisostomo is a Fellow in Assyrian Studies with the University of California in Berkeley, Calif.
- Ryan Kortange is a Ph.D. student at Hebrew Union College.
- Josh Thayer works as the Assistant Athletic Director at Oakland Christian School.
- Grace Ralsten serves as the Middle School Director with Youth for Christ.
- Jake Houf works as the Small Group Coordinator at Ada Bible Church.
- Rebecca Arnold serves as the Country Director for "I Am More Than" ministry in Uganda.