A biblical studies major trains you to engage the text of Scripture at a deeper level. It prepares you to understand the literary and historical studies that illuminate the biblical narrative. It gives you research tools to ask context-based questions about authorial intent. And it equips you with specialized knowledge to communicate the Bible's message with diverse audiences and to shepherd people.
In addition, our Israel Experience gives you the opportunity to visit Israel and Palestinian territories in person. Led by Cornerstone professors, the 12-day study tour meets a course requirement and offers you in-depth, on-site learning experiences at places such Jerusalem, Judea, the Coastal Plain, the Negev, the Dead Sea, the Jordan Valley and Galilee.
Why Cornerstone University?
- Expect more interaction with expert faculty. At Cornerstone, we intentionally limit class sizes because we value relational learning. This means you'll receive more in-class attention from professors who are committed to seeing you thrive.
- Customize your program. Based on your vocational interests and goals, pursue a specialized knowledge track in biblical languages, intercultural studies, ministry or philosophy.
- Enrich your perspective. Cornerstone is a multi-denominational learning community. This allows you to hear different voices and consider new perspectives from within a shared confessional base.
- School: Traditional Undergrad Academics
- Division: Bible, Religion & Ministry
- Degree Type: Bachelor of Science, Minor
- Format: Residential
- Location: Grand Rapids
A bachelor's degree in biblical studies prepares you for graduate programs and a range of career options with parachurch and non-profit organizations.
- Humanitarian worker
- Teacher (may require certification)
- Youth Pastor
- Camp Ministry Director
A well-rounded list of liberal arts and major classes prepare you to excel as an innovative, character-driven professional. And trained advisers provide the personalized, strengths-focused guidance you need to thrive as a college student and complete your degree.
Download a semester-by-semester class planning guide. This shows how you can finish your degree in four years.
100% of our traditional undergraduate students complete an academic internship or practicum. More than a graduation requirement, this real-world experience helps you explore your calling and gain practical skills for career success.
With guidance from the Center for Career & Life Calling, our students land internships at trusted businesses and nonprofits around the world.
- City Life Church
- Ebenezer Reformed Church
- New Hope Community Church
- Trinity United Methodist Church
- Village Church of Barrington
Cornerstone alumni are tireless in their passion to influence our world for Christ as servant leaders. You can find CU graduates building lives that matter at workplaces based in West Michigan and beyond.
- Acton Institute
- Ada Bible Church
- Oakland Christian School
- West End Collegiate Church
- Youth for Christ
of our traditional undergraduate biblical studies majors from the class of 2016 were working within six months of graduation.
Biblical studies majors can qualify for advanced standing at Grand Rapids Theological Seminary.
This gives you the option to apply up to 24 credits of your bachelor's degree toward a master's degree in divinity, ministry, biblical studies or counseling.
Our Bible, Religion & Ministry Division students have received admission to a variety of respected graduate schools.
- Calvary Bible College and Theological Seminary
- Denver Seminary
- Grand Rapids Theological Seminary
- Talbot School of Theology