The economics major draws on your wide range of interests in relevant topics such as political science, history, mathematics, social science and business. It strengthens your analytical skills and understanding of systems thinking as you study human behavior. It motivates you to become involved in critically evaluating theories and sustainably providing relief to communities. And it prepares you to discern and apply unchanging biblical principles in the context of a rapidly changing world.
Because economics is not amoral, our professors take a holistic approach to vocational preparation by incorporating biblical worldview applications in each class. In addition, we intentionally limit class sizes because we value relational learning. This means you'll receive more in-class attention from professors who are committed to seeing you thrive in your faith and work.
Why Cornerstone University?
- Hear from Christ-centered, first-rate business executives. The Business Division hosts many on-campus events each semester. These allow you to network with potential mentors and stay up-to-date on developments in the business world.
- Expand your career options. Based on your vocational interests, take advantage of the opportunity to add a second major such as mathematics or international business to your four-year plan. This further increases your marketability as a young professional.
- Fast-track your career advancement. Economics majors have the opportunity to qualify for advanced standing in our Master of Business Administration (MBA) program. This gives you the option to earn a bachelor's and master's degree in as few as five years.
- School: Traditional Undergrad Academics
- Division: Business
- Degree Type: Bachelor of Science, Minor
- Format: Residential
- Location: Grand Rapids
- Actuarial science
- Creation of forecasting models
- Data analysis or financial planning
- Economic development or politics
- Insurance, law or policy consultation
A well-rounded list of liberal arts and major classes prepare you to excel as an innovative, character-driven professional. And trained advisers provide the personalized, strengths-focused guidance you need to thrive as a college student and complete your degree.
Download a semester-by-semester class planning guide. This shows how you can finish your degree in four years.
Here, 100% of traditional undergraduate students complete an academic internship or practicum. More than a graduation requirement, this hands-on opportunity helps you explore your vocation and gain the practical experience necessary for career success.
With support from campus resources such as the Center for Career & Life Calling, our students have landed internships at organizations such as:
- Blue Medora
- Calvary Baptist Church
- Electric Motor Store
Cornerstone graduates are influencers in their work, neighborhoods and world for Christ. You can find them building lives that matter in West Michigan and countries around the world.
Because of their broad knowledge base, major-specific skills and servant leadership qualities, they've contributed value to teams at:
- Fidelity Investments
- Global Relay
- Jump Trading, LLC
- Next Step of West Michigan