A major in finance prepares you with the theoretical and analytical framework for making decisions about budgets, resource allocations and investments. It readies you with knowledge of corporate finance, economic development, insurance and risk management. It trains you to apply financial principles to real-world business case studies. And it equips you to advance as a character-driven leader.
Here, our business classes discuss finance from a theological and spiritual perspective. Because finance professionals need to ask ethical questions, professors take a holistic approach to vocational preparation by incorporating biblical worldview applications in each class. In addition, we intentionally limit class sizes because we value relational learning. This means you'll receive more in-class attention from professors who are committed to seeing you thrive in your faith and work.
Why Cornerstone University?
- Get involved in leadership development. Student-led organizations, clubs and initiatives give you the chance to apply leadership principles in meaningful ways. For example, Enactus works to address local and international needs with sustainable solutions.
- Expand your career options. Based on your vocational interests, take advantage of the opportunity to add a second major such as economics, communication studies or international business to your four-year plan. This further increases your marketability as a young business professional.
- Fast-track your career advancement. Business finance majors have the opportunity to qualify for advanced standing in our Master of Business Administration (MBA) program. This gives you the option to earn a bachelor's and master's degree in as few as five years.
- School: Traditional Undergrad Academics
- Division: Business
- Degree Type: Bachelor of Science, Minor
- Format: Residential
- Location: Grand Rapids
A bachelor's degree in finance prepares you for a variety of career options and graduate-level programs.
For example, this includes jobs as a:
- Credit analyst
- Investment representative
- Financial analyst
- Investment banker
- Chief financial officer
A well-rounded list of liberal arts and major classes prepare you to excel as an innovative, character-driven professional. And trained advisers provide the personalized, strengths-focused guidance you need to thrive as a college student and complete your degree.
Download a semester-by-semester class planning guide. This shows how you can finish your degree in four years.
Here, 100% of traditional undergraduate students complete an academic internship or practicum. More than a graduation requirement, this hands-on opportunity helps you explore your vocation and gain the practical experience necessary for career success.
With support from campus resources such as the Center for Career & Life Calling, our students have landed internships at organizations such as:
- Byrne Electrical Specialists
- Kellogg Company
- O'Neill Asset Management LLC
- YMCA of Greater Grand Rapids
Cornerstone graduates are influencers in their work, neighborhoods and world for Christ. You can find them building lives that matter in West Michigan and countries around the world.
Because of their broad knowledge base, major-specific skills and servant leadership qualities, our alumni have contributed value to teams at:
- Argus Financial Consultants
- CapFinancial Partners, LLC
- Larson Financial
- IBM Watson
- Royal Securities Company
of our 2016 business finance graduates were working or enrolled in graduate school within six months of graduation.