A major in finance prepares you with the theoretical and analytical framework for making decisions about budgets, resource allocations and investments. It readies you with knowledge of corporate finance, economic development, insurance and risk management. It trains you to apply financial principles to real-world business case studies. And it equips you to advance as a character-driven leader.
Here, our business classes discuss finance from a theological and spiritual perspective. Because finance professionals need to ask ethical questions, professors take a holistic approach to vocational preparation by incorporating biblical worldview applications in each class. In addition, we intentionally limit class sizes because we value relational learning. This means you'll receive more in-class attention from professors who are committed to seeing you thrive in your faith and work.
Why Cornerstone University?
- Get involved in leadership development. Student-led organizations, clubs and initiatives give you the chance to apply leadership principles in meaningful ways. For example, Enactus works to address local and international needs with sustainable solutions.
- Expand your career options. Based on your vocational interests, take advantage of the opportunity to add a second major such as economics, communication studies or international business to your four-year plan. This further increases your marketability as a young business professional.
- Fast-track your career advancement. Business finance majors have the opportunity to qualify for advanced standing in our Master of Business Administration (MBA) program. This gives you the option to earn a bachelor's and master's degree in as few as five years.
- School: Traditional Undergrad Academics
- Division: Business
- Degree Type: Bachelor of Science, Minor
- Format: Residential
- Location: Grand Rapids
A bachelor's degree in finance prepares you for a range of career options and graduate programs.
- Credit analyst
- Investment representative
- Financial analyst
- Investment banker
- Chief financial officer
All traditional undergraduate students complete an academic internship or practicum. This experience helps you explore your calling and gain practical career skills.
With guidance from the Center for Career & Life Calling, our students land internships at trusted businesses and nonprofits around the world.
- Byrne Electrical Specialists
- Kellogg Company
- O'Neill Asset Management LLC
- YMCA of Greater Grand Rapids
of traditional undergraduate business students from the class of 2018 were working or enrolled in graduate school within six months of graduation.
Importantly, our recent graduates also shared that they love their work. Of respondents, 87 percent reported a genuine interest in what they are doing.
Cornerstone alumni are tireless in their passion to influence our world for Christ as servant leaders. You can find CU graduates building lives that matter at workplaces based in West Michigan and beyond.
- Argus Financial Consultants
- CapFinancial Partners, LLC
- Larson Financial
- IBM Watson
- Royal Securities Company
College Is About More Than a Degree
At Cornerstone, knowledge is about more than memorizing facts. Here, you will develop a deeper understanding of people, life and God. You will conquer challenges, grow in wisdom and make more memories than you can count.
For seven reasons on why a four-year, liberal arts Christian college is a great choice and wise investment, download our guide.