The business management major prepares you to lead change in an organization. It equips you with a working knowledge of project management skills and processes. It trains you to as a strategic, collaborative and solutions-oriented professional. And it positions you to excel as a Christ-centered, people-oriented servant leader.
Here, you can expect to learn how to lead and manage people. We intentionally limit class sizes because we value relational learning. This means you'll receive more in-class attention from professors who are committed to seeing you thrive in your faith and work.
Why Cornerstone University?
- Get involved in leadership development. Student-led organizations, clubs and initiatives give you the chance to apply leadership principles in meaningful ways. For example, Enactus works to address local and international needs with sustainable solutions.
- Expand your career options. Based on your vocational interests, take advantage of the opportunity to add a second major such as computer information systems or international business to your four-year plan. This further increases your marketability as a young business professional.
- Fast-track your career advancement. Business management majors have the opportunity to qualify for advanced standing in our Master of Business Administration (MBA) program. This gives you the option to earn a bachelor's and master's degree in as few as five years.
- School: Traditional Undergrad Academics
- Division: Business
- Degree Type: Bachelor of Science, Minor
- Format: Residential
- Location: Grand Rapids
A bachelor's degree in management prepares you for a range of career options and graduate programs.
- Financial manager
- Human resource manager
- Industrial production manager
- Medical and health services manager
All traditional undergraduate students complete an academic internship or practicum. This experience helps you explore your calling and gain practical career skills.
With guidance from the Center for Career & Life Calling, our students land internships at trusted businesses and nonprofits around the world.
- Acton Institute
- Midwest Energy Group
- Spectrum Health
- West Michigan Sports Commission
of traditional undergraduate business students from the class of 2018 were working or enrolled in graduate school within six months of graduation.
Importantly, our recent graduates also shared that they love their work. Of respondents, 87 percent reported a genuine interest in what they are doing.
Cornerstone alumni are tireless in their passion to influence our world for Christ as servant leaders. You can find CU graduates building lives that matter at workplaces based in West Michigan and beyond.
- Dow AgroSciences
- Farmers Insurance
- Gallagher Design
- Gentex Corporation
- Paulson Wealth Management
- Women At Risk, International
College Is About More Than a Degree
At Cornerstone, knowledge is about more than memorizing facts. Here, you will develop a deeper understanding of people, life and God. You will conquer challenges, grow in wisdom and make more memories than you can count.
For seven reasons on why a four-year, liberal arts Christian college is a great choice and wise investment, download our guide.