A major in marketing builds your understanding of consumer behavior, values and empathy. It strengthens your skills in communication, sales management, brand awareness and advertising practices. It prepares you to implement strategic, results-oriented campaigns for clients in a variety of industries. And it empowers you to excel as a Christ-centered influencer in the marketplace.
Because marketers need to ask ethical questions, professors take a holistic approach to vocational preparation by integrating biblical worldview applications in each class. From course work in marketing research to project management, professors provide hands-on training to support your growth as a well-rounded individual and professional. This prepares you to thrive in your faith and work.
Why Cornerstone University?
- Expand your career options. Based on your vocational interests, take advantage of the opportunity to add a second major such as communication studies or mathematics to your four-year plan. This further increases your marketability as a young business professional.
- Hear from Christ-centered, first-rate business executives. The Business Division hosts many on-campus events each semester. These allow you to network with potential mentors and stay up-to-date on developments in the business world.
- Fast-track your career advancement. Marketing majors have the opportunity to qualify for advanced standing in our Master of Business Administration (MBA) program. This gives you the option to earn a bachelor's and master's degree in as few as five years.
- School: Traditional Undergrad Academics
- Division: Business
- Degree Type: Bachelor of Science, Minor
- Format: Residential
- Location: Grand Rapids
A bachelor's degree in marketing prepares you for a range of career options and graduate programs.
- Event planner
- Marketing account manager
- Marketing manager
- Marketing research associate
- Sales representative
A well-rounded list of liberal arts and major classes prepare you to excel as an innovative, character-driven professional. And trained advisers provide the personalized, strengths-focused guidance you need to thrive as a college student and complete your degree.
Download a semester-by-semester class planning guide. This shows how you can finish your degree in four years.
100% of our traditional undergraduate students complete an academic internship or practicum. More than a graduation requirement, this real-world experience helps you explore your calling and gain practical skills for career success.
With guidance from the Center for Career & Life Calling, our students land internships at trusted businesses and nonprofits around the world.
- American Red Cross of West Michigan
- Blue Medora
- Kids Hope USA
- National Kidney Foundation of Michigan
Cornerstone alumni are tireless in their passion to influence our world for Christ as servant leaders. You can find CU graduates building lives that matter at workplaces based in West Michigan and beyond.
- Ada Bible Church
- Gilson Graphics
- Kellogg Company
- Lighthouse Group, Inc.
- Neurocore Pro
- Steelcase, Inc.
of our traditional undergraduate business marketing majors from the class of 2016 who were seeking employment were working within six months of graduation.