A major in marketing builds your understanding of consumer behavior, values and empathy. It strengthens your skills in communication, sales management, brand awareness and advertising practices. It prepares you to implement strategic, results-oriented campaigns for clients in a variety of industries. And it empowers you to excel as a Christ-centered influencer in the marketplace.
Because marketers need to ask ethical questions, professors take a holistic approach to vocational preparation by integrating biblical worldview applications in each class. From course work in marketing research to project management, professors provide hands-on training to support your growth as a well-rounded individual and professional. This prepares you to thrive in your faith and work.
Why Cornerstone University?
- Expand your career options. Based on your vocational interests, take advantage of the opportunity to add a second major such as communication studies or mathematics to your four-year plan. This further increases your marketability as a young business professional.
- Hear from Christ-centered, first-rate business executives. The Business Division hosts many on-campus events each semester. These allow you to network with potential mentors and stay up-to-date on developments in the business world.
- Fast-track your career advancement. Marketing majors have the opportunity to qualify for advanced standing in our Master of Business Administration (MBA) program. This gives you the option to earn a bachelor's and master's degree in as few as five years.
- School: Traditional Undergrad Academics
- Division: Business
- Degree Type: Bachelor of Science, Minor
- Format: Residential
- Location: Grand Rapids
- Event planner
- Marketing account manager
- Sales representative
- Marketing manager
- Marketing research associate
A well-rounded list of liberal arts and major classes prepare you to excel as an innovative, character-driven professional. And trained advisers provide the personalized, strengths-focused guidance you need to thrive as a college student and complete your degree.
Download a semester-by-semester class planning guide. This shows how you can finish your degree in four years.
Here, 100% of traditional undergraduate students complete an academic internship or practicum. More than a graduation requirement, this hands-on opportunity helps you explore your vocation and gain the practical experience necessary for career success.
With support from campus resources such as the Center for Career & Life Calling, our students have landed internships at organizations such as:
- American Red Cross of West Michigan
- Blue Medora
- Kids Hope USA
- National Kidney Foundation of Michigan
Cornerstone graduates are influencers in their work, neighborhoods and world for Christ. You can find them building lives that matter in West Michigan and countries around the world.
Because of their broad knowledge base, major-specific skills and servant leadership qualities, they've contributed value to teams at:
- Ada Bible Church
- Our Daily Bread Ministries
- Universal Forest Products