Pathway is a program designed to empower students by providing support systems both in and out of the classroom. Cornerstone University does this by offering classes with low student-to-professor ratios, equipping students to earn an associate degree after two years in the program and by designing an individual roadmap for each student to persevere to completion of their bachelor's degree.
To support your personal growth as an influencer for Christ and to help you achieve your academic goals, our Pathway program:
- Creates unique, well-crafted learning environments with low student-to-professor ratios.
- Equips you to earn an associate degree in general studies prior to earning your bachelor's degree.
- Guides you in the design of an individual roadmap to graduation.
Upon completion of all Pathway program requirements, you'll earn an Associate of Arts in General Studies degree prior to pursuing a bachelor's degree. In addition, you can expect opportunities to enjoy these program benefits which are covered in your tuition:
- Take advantage of free writing labs, one-on-one mentoring with Pathway's program director and bi-weekly study lab sessions; this ensures you get additional opportunities to discuss your assignments, upcoming exams and projects. You are also eligible to receive free tutoring for every class you are enrolled in.
- Graduate with your bachelor's degree in the typical 4-year timeframe, completing a major of your choice.*
- Kick off your first semester right with a Pathway-specific orientation event that is scheduled to occur before Welcome Week.
- Receive more attention from your professors because of intentionally limited class sizes. Each Pathway cohorts is limited to 20 students, ensuring that you receive more in-class assistance from faculty members and build meaningful relationships with your peers.
*Connect with your admissions counselor to confirm if your major works with the Pathway program. Pathway participants will not be able to participate in intercollegiate athletics at Cornerstone University.
How to Apply
Admission to the Pathway program is limited. Spots are available each year on a first come, first served basis. To reserve your place in the upcoming Pathway cohort, complete these steps:
- Apply to Cornerstone University. Students are admitted to Cornerstone and the Pathway program on a rolling basis.
- Send your high school transcripts and test scores to Cornerstone's Traditional Undergraduate Admissions Office.
- Upon your acceptance to Cornerstone, you will be notified if you are eligible to participate in Pathway.
- If you are invited to apply for Pathway, you may confirm your enrollment by:
- Submitting your $200 enrollment deposit.
- Completing the Pathway application.
For additional information about our Pathway program, please contact the Admissions Office by calling 616.222.1426 or sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.