You probably know how important effective communication skills are in your life. What you may not know is how critical they are to your future career success. When you study Communication at Cornerstone, you develop relational and critical thinking skills that give you a competitive edge as you prepare for communication-related occupations and ministries. You’ll focus on building relationships and communities in a way that honors Christ and serves others.
With a degree in Communication Studies, you will:
- Strengthen core communication skills in interpersonal, intercultural, and group communication and public speaking.
- Learn how to competently construct and professionally present messages to audiences in various settings - business meetings, small groups, interpersonal, and external publics.
- Develop practical and analytical skills for team and community building.
- Examine communication strategically through public relations, marketing communication, advertising, persuasion and communication campaigns.
- Specialize in broadcast announcing, reporting and radio production.
- School: Traditional Undergrad Academics
- Division: Communication & Media
- Degree Type: Bachelor of Arts, Minor
- Format: Residential
- Location: Grand Rapids
A bachelor's degree in communication studies prepares you for a range of career options and graduate programs.
- Communication consultant
- Director of training and development
- Media relations specialist
- Personnel manager
- Personnel recruiter
- Public relations coordinator
A well-rounded list of liberal arts and major classes prepare you to excel as an innovative, character-driven professional. And trained advisers provide the personalized, strengths-focused guidance you need to thrive as a college student and complete your degree.
Download a semester-by-semester class planning guide. This shows how you can finish your degree in four years.
100% of our traditional undergraduate students complete an academic internship or practicum. More than a graduation requirement, this real-world experience helps you explore your calling and gain practical skills for career success.
With guidance from the Center for Career & Life Calling, our students land internships at trusted businesses and nonprofits around the world.
- Grand Rapids Civic Theatre
- Keys for Kids Ministries
- Make-A-Wish Foundation
- Partners Worldwide
- Townsquare Media
Cornerstone alumni are tireless in their passion to influence our world for Christ as servant leaders. You can find CU graduates building lives that matter at workplaces based in West Michigan and beyond.
- Bethany Christian Services
- BI WORLDWIDE
- Mission India
- Youth Unlimited