A computer information systems major prepares you to advance as a business technology professional in a growing career field. It sharpens your ability to exercise logical thinking and find new ways to apply the use of technology in organizational contexts. It equips you with the skills necessary to excel as an innovative problem solver. And it trains you to integrate faith and work as a Christ-centered business leader.
At Cornerstone, we do not require you to have prior knowledge of computer programming before declaring a major in computer information systems. Expert faculty will give you theoretical and practical experience you need to know for topics such as web development, network configuration and database creation. This positions you to graduate as a well-rounded technical professional.
Why Cornerstone University?
- Expect more interaction with expert faculty. At Cornerstone, we intentionally limit class sizes because we value relational learning. This means you'll receive more in-class attention from professors who are committed to seeing you thrive.
- Expand your career options. Based on your vocational interests, take advantage of the opportunity to add a second major such as mathematics or business administration to your four-year plan. This further increases your marketability as a professional.
- Fast-track your career advancement. Computer information systems majors have the opportunity to qualify for advanced standing in our Master of Business Administration (MBA) program. This gives you the option to earn a bachelor's and master's degree in as few as five years.
- School: Traditional Undergrad Academics
- Division: Business
- Degree Type: Bachelor of Science, Minor
- Format: Residential
- Location: Grand Rapids
Prepared to enter graduate programs and earn specialized certifications to maintain a current skill set in the field, as an undergraduate student in the Computer Information Systems program, you will sharpen your skills related to...
- Analysis of Business Procedures
- Design of Systems
- Evaluation of Current Business Needs
- Intrapersonal and Interpersonal Communication
- Program Creation
- Systems Analysis
A well-rounded list of liberal arts and major classes prepare you to excel as an innovative, character-driven professional. And trained advisers provide the personalized, strengths-focused guidance you need to thrive as a college student and complete your degree.
Download a semester-by-semester class planning guide. This shows how you can finish your degree in four years.
Here, 100% of traditional undergraduate students complete an academic internship or practicum. More than a graduation requirement, this hands-on opportunity helps you explore your vocation and gain the practical experience necessary for career success.
With support from campus resources such as the Center for Career & Life Calling, our students have landed internships at organizations such as:
- Our Daily Bread Ministries
Cornerstone graduates are influencers in their work, neighborhoods and world for Christ. You can find them building lives that matter in West Michigan and countries around the world.
Because of their broad knowledge base, major-specific skills and servant leadership qualities, they've contributed value to teams at:
- Federal Bureau of Investigation
- National Heritage Academies
- Open Systems Technologies
- Wolverine Worldwide