The Creative Writing program introduces students to the whole process of writing. We provide a wide range of courses – from creative endeavors to genre-specific writing courses such as poetry writing, creative non-fiction and fiction writing. The goal of each upper-level writing course is to produce "publishable" works.
The Humanities major provides a wide range of flexibility. It develops critical reading and thinking, logical and analytical thinking, argumentation, creativity, advanced writing skills, communication skills, research skills, ability to understand ideas and values, sensitivity to cultural differences, aesthetic understanding, questioning skills, time and resource management skills, linguistic skills, etc.
Download a sample degree plan for a major in Creative Writing.
- Creative Endeavors
- Fiction Writing
- Poetry Writing
- Advanced Writing Workshop
- Writers and Styles
- The Practice of Criticism
- Baker Publishing Group
- Cornerstone University Marketing Office
- Kregel Publications
- Mission Network News
- Zondervan Publishing Company
- Amy Nemecak – Freelance editing for Baker Publishing Group
- Matt Saler – Web Content Specialist for Elexicon Inc.
- 2001 | VanDyke, Michael. Dietrich Bonhoeffer: Opponent of the Nazi Regime. Uhrichsville, OH: Barbour Pub.