Cornerstone's minor in Creativity and Innovation will help you discover your vital role as a creative cultivator and serve as an ideal complement to enhance your life, talents and career. Today's employers are actively seeking graduates who can think adaptively, make creative connections and lead others in new ways. That's why our courses place emphasis on developing your creative habits, honing your talents, and giving you opportunities to practice innovative processes while studying current research.
If you achieve a G.P.A. of 2.5 or higher in the program's course work, you will be awarded a Certificate in Creativity and Innovation.
- Practice creative habits for talent development.
- Use the basic competencies in the six essential human abilities needed to survive in the Conceptual Age: Design, Story, Systems Thinking, Empathy, Play and Meaning.
- Effectively lead others in the Innovative Process (IP), in Design Thinking (DT) and in Creative Problem Solving techniques (CPS).
- Identify current psychological, neurological and social theories in creativity.
- Construct a personal philosophy of creativity which integrates creativity and innovation with your talents, career and personal endeavors.
- School: Traditional Undergrad Academics
- Division: Interdisciplinary Studies
- Degree Type: Minor, Certificate
- Format: Residential
- Location: Grand Rapids
A minor in creativity and innovation requires 18 credit hours.
- HUM-311: Imagination in Culture
- IDS-101: Creativity, Innovation and Problem Solving
- IDS-202: Creativity in the Conceptual Age
- IDS-205: Strategies for Innovative Thought and Design
- IDS-312: Science of Human Innovation
- IDS-450: Creative Emergence
In a world that is rapidly evolving, 95% of employers say they give hiring preferences to college graduates with skills that enable them to contribute to creativity and innovation in the workplace, according to AACU.
As creativity and innovation continue to be among the most sought-after traits, this program is a perfect complement to any of the following fields of study: Business, Communications, Education, Humanities, Kinesiology, Media Studies, Ministry, Music or Psychology.
College Is About More Than a Degree
At Cornerstone, knowledge is about more than memorizing facts. Here, you will develop a deeper understanding of people, life and God. You will conquer challenges, grow in wisdom and make more memories than you can count.
For seven reasons on why a four-year, liberal arts Christian college is a great choice and wise investment, download our guide.