A degree in Digital Media combines your interests in variety, creativity, and experimentation, issuing practical applications of these skills across multiple communication channels. Refine your proficiency in the incorporation of photography, film and video, audio and graphic design in your messages.
Build a brand for yourself and your company. Communicate in a language the world understands. And develop your portfolio with blog posts, podcasts, videos, and website photo spreads.
- School: Traditional Undergrad Academics
- Division: Communication & Media
- Degree Type: Bachelor of Arts, Minor
- Format: Residential
- Location: Grand Rapids
- Major Credit Hours: 55
- Minor Credit Hours: 24
- Application Deadline: Rolling admission
- Fall semester—August 15
- Spring semester—January 1
- Improve your production abilities in audio, video and still photography.
- Learn to use digital media tools.
- Recognize the impact and potential of digital media in influencing audiences.
- Understand better how to harness the power of social media to impact our culture.
Download a sample degree plan for a major in Digital Media.
100% of Cornerstone University's traditional undergraduate students complete an internship experience.
Digital media majors have received hands-on, professional training as interns with these organizations:
- Cornerstone University
- The Geek Group
- WCSG Radio Station
Major Courses and Catalog
In addition to completing the university's core curriculum, the Bachelor of Arts in Digital Media degree requires the following classes:
- COM-400 Capstone Seminar (3 credit hours)
- MDA-112 Drawing I: Drawing for New Media (3 credit hours)
- MDA-121 Introduction to Digital Media (3 credit hours)
- MDA-161 Audio/Video Technical Production (3 credit hours)
- MDA-212 Drawing II: Drawing for Creating Graphics (3 credit hours)
- MDA-213 Graphic Design I: Introduction to Graphic Design (3 credit hours)
- MDA-225 Graphic Design II: Graphic Design for Print and Media (3 credit hours)
- MDA-261 Audio Production I (3 credit hours)
- MDA-271 Film and Video Production I (3 credit hours)
- MDA-282 Film and Video Production II (3 credit hours)
- MDA-318 Writing for the Electronic Media (3 credit hours)
- MDA-326 Graphic Design III: Graphic Design for Web and Devices (3 credit hours)
- MDA-380 Internship (4 credit hours)
- MDA-426 Graphic Design IV: Comprehensive Concentrations of Design (3 credit hours)
- PHO-235 Principles of Visual Communication (3 credit hours)
- PHO-236 Introduction to Digital Photography (3 credit hours)
- Program electives (6 credit hours)
For course descriptions and graduation requirements, view the 2016-17 Cornerstone University Undergraduate Academic Catalog.